• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 4 Lollipop Update

You can turn lock screen notifications off in settings.

I know that, thats not the issue.

Im talking about where it previews the message and says who its from on the lock screen instead of just sayin there is a message.

You can change it to where it does that but then it blocks the weather and security info as well.

Bottom line... THE UPDATE SUCKS

Reactions: Deelynde
Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to delete this Lollipop nonsense? I'm truly hating this new OS with my device. I no longer have the notification window that shows notifications in the top left part of the screen when I bring it up to the lock screen. I have to fully unlock the phone to see the notifications. The background color for the text message menu is fugly! I also noticed that my battery went from the typical 85% left at the end of my day to 47% at about the same time. Total deal killers to me. Anyone have any idea how to remove this OS?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to delete this Lollipop nonsense? I'm truly hating this new OS with my device. I no longer have the notification window that shows notifications in the top left part of the screen when I bring it up to the lock screen. I have to fully unlock the phone to see the notifications. The background color for the text message menu is fugly! I also noticed that my battery went from the typical 85% left at the end of my day to 47% at about the same time. Total deal killers to me. Anyone have any idea how to remove this OS?

Can't you change the background of the texting app. using the settings?

Upvote 0
I was able to change the background on the individual messages, but couldn't change the color of the home message screen. The other issues still continue.

So, it's the top border of the screen that's yellow/orange that you dislike? To me, I still find the battery life unchanged but like the update. It seems faster, and I like things like the check-box on messages or phone call records which makes deleting them easier.

Upvote 0
So, it's the top border of the screen that's yellow/orange that you dislike? To me, I still find the battery life unchanged but like the update. It seems faster, and I like things like the check-box on messages or phone call records which makes deleting them easier.

Well the color is still pretty offensive, but the battery life sapping is the deal killer. The rest of the notification downgrade is just annoying. One of the reasons that I chose Android over Apple is for the ability to customize the phone and the longer battery life. For the first time, I think Apple might have the edge since this Kit Kat.

Reactions: javamann
Upvote 0
Well the color is still pretty offensive, but the battery life sapping is the deal killer. The rest of the notification downgrade is just annoying. One of the reasons that I chose Android over Apple is for the ability to customize the phone and the longer battery life. For the first time, I think Apple might have the edge since this Kit Kat.

For $hits and giggles did you try powering off, popping out the battery for 30" or longer, then putting it back in and powering up again. I've heard it may help battery life.

Would changing to another text/messaging app. solve your problem of the appearance of texting on the default app.?

Upvote 0
I've removed the battery and restarted the phone, so we'll see if there is a change. I could use a different messaging app, but it's just frustrating that they have to mess with things that are working well. I have made some other changes, so now I'm receiving little card notifications on the lock screen that I wasn't receiving with Lollipop.

Upvote 0
I've removed the battery and restarted the phone, so we'll see if there is a change. I could use a different messaging app, but it's just frustrating that they have to mess with things that are working well. I have made some other changes, so now I'm receiving little card notifications on the lock screen that I wasn't receiving with Lollipop.

What did you do to start receiving the notifications on lock screen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones