• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.1.1] Bugless Beast

1st & most important - I LOVE Pete's work. I came from VanirBEAN to BB on my GNex, and it's a wonderful thing. I'm officially hooked - Nice work, Pete!

I started with 7.14 (Clean wipe and all). Then I dirty flashed to 7.19 and now 7.24. I've had good luck with battery life, data, apps working etc. In fact, no real issues at all. 7.19 build I seemed to have an issue about every 3rd or 4th time that I wanted to use Google Now, it would hang for a long time on the "initializing" screen. That issue seems to have been addressed for me on 7.24. BUT - now I have another strange issue! I use Google Now to voice dial a lot. Since flashing to 7.24, when I say "Call _______________", it will acknowledge the correct name so I know it understood me, but instead of pulling the phone number and dialing it, it will pull a random set of numbers or a zero and dial that instead. This is not the case on every contact... Sometimes it will actually work fine!

I have tried removing my Google account and re-adding it, re-flashing 7.24 build, wiping cache & dalvik cache, and combinations of such as well. I haven't tried a full wipe and reinstall of 7.24 yet, but I've tried all I can think of up to that...

Maybe I'll go back to 7.19 ----

ANY suggestions??

Upvote 0
Ok found a slight workaround for the auto brightness bug, Brightness level Disc: seems to do the trick for the auto brightness bug, but it takes up to 7-10 seconds for the screen to re-dim from high brightness

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...nRoYWxpb24ubW9iaWxlLmJyaWdodG5lc3MubGV2ZWwiXQ..

What all versions of android are affected with the dimming issue? ICS? JB? Stock? Roms? BB only? I don't remember having any issue with this on ICS and haven't noticed it really on BB 4.1.1 either....

Upvote 0
What all versions of android are affected with the dimming issue? ICS? JB? Stock? Roms? BB only? I don't remember having any issue with this on ICS and haven't noticed it really on BB 4.1.1 either....

there is no issue with it getting Brighter,, the issue is it dimming back down at all go out into bright sunlight then into the car, the screen wouldnt dim back while on auto brightness :fight:

Upvote 0
1st & most important - I LOVE Pete's work. I came from VanirBEAN to BB on my GNex, and it's a wonderful thing. I'm officially hooked - Nice work, Pete!

I started with 7.14 (Clean wipe and all). Then I dirty flashed to 7.19 and now 7.24. I've had good luck with battery life, data, apps working etc. In fact, no real issues at all. 7.19 build I seemed to have an issue about every 3rd or 4th time that I wanted to use Google Now, it would hang for a long time on the "initializing" screen. That issue seems to have been addressed for me on 7.24. BUT - now I have another strange issue! I use Google Now to voice dial a lot. Since flashing to 7.24, when I say "Call _______________", it will acknowledge the correct name so I know it understood me, but instead of pulling the phone number and dialing it, it will pull a random set of numbers or a zero and dial that instead. This is not the case on every contact... Sometimes it will actually work fine!

I have tried removing my Google account and re-adding it, re-flashing 7.24 build, wiping cache & dalvik cache, and combinations of such as well. I haven't tried a full wipe and reinstall of 7.24 yet, but I've tried all I can think of up to that...

Maybe I'll go back to 7.19 ----

ANY suggestions??

Update:

I reverted to 7.19, still had the issue noted above. Then I did a wipe and went back to 7.24. Still have the issue...

Everything else is SOLID. Excellent battery life & speed, no glitches other than what's noted above that I've come across at all!

Any clue?? All help is appreciated!

Upvote 0
Still loving this build, but I just noticed something that was quite annoying. I had spent hours on the stock build finding acceptable quality pictures for my contacts since ICS allowed for much larger pictures for each contact. After scouring through FB and other places, I was happy with the picture that each of my contacts had gotten. I assumed this would be sync'd to my Google account. But when I flashed BB, all my contact pictures were blurry again; anyone else experience this problem? If this is going to keep happening, it makes my wishes of having a high-res picture displayed kinda dim as it takes forever to add a picture to my contacts.

Upvote 0
Still loving this build, but I just noticed something that was quite annoying. I had spent hours on the stock build finding acceptable quality pictures for my contacts since ICS allowed for much larger pictures for each contact. After scouring through FB and other places, I was happy with the picture that each of my contacts had gotten. I assumed this would be sync'd to my Google account. But when I flashed BB, all my contact pictures were blurry again; anyone else experience this problem? If this is going to keep happening, it makes my wishes of having a high-res picture displayed kinda dim as it takes forever to add a picture to my contacts.

I had the same program and I fixed it with an app called Hax sync

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Thanks gt50h for the recommendation. Does it sync all your FB contacts and insert them to your people hub? That's not what I'm looking for, but I do like the other features it has, such as birthdays appearing in the calendar.

you can choose for it to import high quality pictures for just the contacts you already have on your phone or entire list.. its customizable

check out ipmart forum i got it for free there

Upvote 0
Pete just posted the following on his twitter, thought it was worth noting. Not sure how to respond except for showing the man some mad love and respect for making our phones awesome!

Everything tweeted to me is about #Android not one person ask how my day was or how school is going, etc. It kinda get's old. I'm a person, not a drone who sits on the PC all day coding ROMs. There is more to life. I wish more people would respect that. If anything, just realize developers are people too and we like to talk about things other than Android every once in a while.

Upvote 0
I just recently installed this ROM (on vzw gnex), and then went on vacation. I'm having an issue with connecting to 4g. Sometimes I catch my phone connected to 4g full bars but after 30-60 seconds it goes to 1 bar and falls back to 3g, and then I get 3-4 bars of 3g and it won't go back to lte for a long time then it just repeats.

Don't know if its just the area im in or the ROM. Ideas?

Upvote 0
I just recently installed this ROM (on vzw gnex), and then went on vacation. I'm having an issue with connecting to 4g. Sometimes I catch my phone connected to 4g full bars but after 30-60 seconds it goes to 1 bar and falls back to 3g, and then I get 3-4 bars of 3g and it won't go back to lte for a long time then it just repeats.

Don't know if its just the area im in or the ROM. Ideas?

i have the lastest built 7-24 and i havent had this issue, it maybe your service area, 4G will not stay on if there is a "weak" signal this is what happens to me at work, in the inner city.

Upvote 0
i have the lastest built 7-24 and i havent had this issue, it maybe your service area, 4G will not stay on if there is a "weak" signal this is what happens to me at work, in the inner city.

Well, when it connects to 4g if usually shows 3-4 bars... then suddenly drops to 1 bar and back to 3g... I dunno, maybe I am in a fringe area. Kind of annoying and frustrating. Oh well.

Upvote 0
I'm still running the 7/19 build and am totally happy with it, not sure If I want to bother upgrading to the 8/3 build. Has anyone installed it yet? What are your experiences? A decent number of users over at rootzwiki are experiencing problems with the Verizon Login app.

As far as mirrors and the such, Pete doesn't have much to offer right now because his internet is really slow. Some rootzwiki users have posted mirrors using their dropbox or google drive accounts. I downloaded by doing it late at night and checking back in the morning.

Rootzwiki

Am I a traitor for linking to another Android forum? haha :p

Upvote 0
Well, when it connects to 4g if usually shows 3-4 bars... then suddenly drops to 1 bar and back to 3g... I dunno, maybe I am in a fringe area. Kind of annoying and frustrating. Oh well.

FWIW I have the same issue, but I'm 99% sure its because they are upgrading our local tower to 4g (we've never had coverage before until recently).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones