1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] [ROM][4.1.1] Bugless Beast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brhermon, Jul 11, 2012.

1. DWasilew

DWasilew Well-Known Member

This thread has convinced me to Root and flash this ROM. I've gotten that itch again to tinker. Stock ICS is nice, but I have the urge to use Google Now and play around with my phone again.

Advertisement

2. brhermon

brhermon Member

Great info to have. I'm curious, Where did Pete state this? As of late I've been monitoring his twitter and rootzwiki to stay up to date and didn't know this was an issue until now. Not saying you're wrong, just simply curious as to where you heard this :)

3. brhermon

brhermon Member

Nope, it's a tweak Pete made. He stated it in his change log. But how awesome is that!? :) Sooo glad he fixed this.

4. LoBatt

LoBatt Android Enthusiast

Anyone able to get tethering working?

5. viper689

viper689 Android Expert

Which build are you on? I'm on the 7/13 build and built in tethering works fine for me. No need for anything special

6. LoBatt

July 19. Can't get native tether or FoxFi to work.

7. Gnex269

Gnex269 Newbie

I just realized yesterday that Foxfi didn't work so I tried the built in tethering that Pete put in BB and it works fine for me. I tethered my Nexus 7 for GPS navigation this morning and it worked like a charm. I'm on the 7/19 nightly build.
    I did notice that the first time that I started the built in tethering that I had to input the password into my Nexus7.

8. LoBatt

I switched the security to open on the built in tethering and deleted the wifi network on my Nexus 7 and let it find the hotspot again and it worked. I then set the security back up and it connected again. Good times!

9. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member

I did the Nex7-Nav-Tether trick today as well. My wife thought I was a dork, I corrected her that the correct term is geek.

10. LoBatt

Just a bit OT but I'm looking forward to tethering my N7 at a football game and streaming my Slingbox to keep an eye on the other games. Geeks rule.

11. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

Pete's website faq. Unfortunately Google has just shut Pete's downloads section down due to violations of terms of service.

Side note... I installed AOKP but am reverting back to BB due to AOKP Battery drain.

12. brhermon

brhermon Member

So Pete released a new build 7/24 and stated that the latest changes include JRO03H, 4.1.1_r3. Along with 10+ other changes that he included. I tried searching for it and wasn't able to come up with an answer. Does anyone know what changes are a part of JRO03H?

Or...

Has anyone tried 7/24 yet and what are you experiencing?

13. joesixpack

joesixpack Android Enthusiast

The 7-24 build can be found in a link here:

[ROM][ICS][AOSP] Bugless Beast (Nightlies) - Page 31 - xda-developers

It's a clean download as far as I can tell (no viruses, spam, etc). Scanned the file with Malwarebytes and Symantec and it came up clean. Maybe someone else can put the actual link up here (I'm not as versed in forums as you all are).

It appears to have the gaaps in it too. I have no idea what has changed since the last build, but figured I'd put this here since Pete's site is down. If anyone can find a changelog, let me know.

bubbaken likes this.
  14. mbrainerdii

mbrainerdii Newbie

How do you perform an update to a AIO ROM like BB? Just boot into recovery and clear Davlek and Flash the new (7/24) ROM ontop of the old (7/19) and reboot?

15. brhermon

brhermon Member

Not sure what you mean by AIO but when updating from one nightly to the other, just wipe dalvik.

mbrainerdii likes this.
  16. jackburnt

jackburnt Android Enthusiast

Yep. Unless he specifies to wipe, that works.

mbrainerdii likes this.
  17. mbrainerdii

mbrainerdii Newbie

All In One. Thanks for the help BTW. (=

18. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

How's the new one with battery life? Also, how do I unflash a mod? I thought I liked the softkeys mod but I'm not so sure anymore. And I'm pretty sure that the circle battery mod is what's affecting my battery life, but would like to remove it to test it out.

To clarify, if I'm running an older build, I just wipe Dalvik and re-flash this one?

19. brhermon

brhermon Member

Not sure about the battery life, I haven't updated yet. To unflash the mod, yeah just reflash the rom. Though according to what I've read from Willyjay over at rootzwiki mods shouldn't have any affect on battery life. Those battery mods (1%, circle, etc) are really nothing more than just a change in png images.

20. gt5oh

gt5oh Member

its been 4 days on this rom and so far so good... everything is smooth.. battery is running down quick though. screen is the culprit but thats to be expected.

21. dougleto

dougleto Newbie

I tracked down a fix for this problem posted by someone on vmukund on rootz wiki and will link to it here

For some reason, it seems like FoxFi and Wifi Tether kill the native tethering ability. Before doing this, I was able to connect to my phone but couldn't get online. In short, to fix this problem uninstall any other tethering apps you have installed, reboot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache, reboot the phone, and it should work.

22. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

24 hours on this build and battery life is great for me ;)

Deleted User likes this.
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Gonna have to give the latest one a try then...not quite ready to flash Xenon until I read up on it more.

24. DWasilew

DWasilew Well-Known Member

Flashed this yesterday. First ROM on the GNex. Initail impressions are favorable. Jelly Bean is incredibly fast and smooth. Google Now is a fun toy and when it learns more, I'm sure it will be actually useful. A couple of my friends with i*hones are alerady impressed with the speed and accuracy of the answers. And they said the voice doesn't sound like a huge bitch, like Siri does. i haven't found any problems with this ROM so far, but it's been a very short period. We'll see how it handles after a week or so.

25. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Android Enthusiast

I've tried other flavors but keep coming back to this version of JB.. just gives a sense of being stable. seem to have some apps hanging and causing batt problems but I don't think that is the ROM's problem. batt was fine on stock kernel. going to try franco and see if that makes any difference.