• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 2 [4.2.2] (07.21.13) TORO

On the rootzwiki thread, page 138, last post there's a link. Each of these test builds/previews are unofficial and they haven't merged everything yet. But Steve's build 1 is the best so far.

Edit: also if you flash a different kernel color gamma and color multipliers tuning can be adjusted. Navbar glow is back.

Edit: also might want to flash the color boot animation. Best fricken AOKP boot animation to date. And zenyth navbar.

Upvote 0
On the rootzwiki thread, page 138, last post there's a link. Each of these test builds/previews are unofficial and they haven't merged everything yet. But Steve's build 1 is the best so far.

Edit: also if you flash a different kernel color gamma and color multipliers tuning can be adjusted. Navbar glow is back.

Edit: also might want to flash the color boot animation. Best fricken AOKP boot animation to date. And zenyth navbar.

What kernel?

Upvote 0
i have used swype for nearly a year. screw pecking for letters lol.

so anyways, i got my wife a nexus 7(kinda the way homer bought marge a bowling ball.... except marge started bowling), and i'm fixin to buy myself one. what ROM are you running on that?

Was running winner00's CM10 kang on it since I got it pretty much...but I just flashed the AOKP preview for it and it's a THOUSAND times smoother. It oozes butter. The first build had broken everything so I didn't flash it, nothing is broken in this one and I'm really really enjoying it. You won't be disappointed. Link: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/30935-aokp-alpha2-grouper-nexus-7-072712-alpha-2/

Upvote 0
My wife came from an Apple family. She was ecstatic when iPhone came to Verizon. I think the nexus 7 is truly her first android device. She is completely against jailbreaking/rooting lol. I'll have to wait til I get my own nexus 7 lol

Yikes tough luck! Missing out! Though it doesn't take away from the awesomeness of that device at all

Upvote 0
To those of you who've been following my Play Movies issue...here's something interesting...AOKP on GNex, Play Movies doesn't work. AOKP on Nexus 7, Play Movies works fine. AOKP+Toro issue? Anyone have any other devices running AOKP to check?

I have been following and though I haven't been as vocal as you about this issue it is bugging the heck outa me too. Don't have any other devices though. I wish this would just work. I wonder what the CM Kangs are doing that allow Movies to work that other devs are not doing? And I also wonder if this will get resolved, in AOKP toro, once Roman merges everyone's work into an official build of AOKP?

Upvote 0
I have been following and though I haven't been as vocal as you about this issue it is bugging the heck outa me too. Don't have any other devices though. I wish this would just work. I wonder what the CM Kangs are doing that allow Movies to work that other devs are not doing? And I also wonder if this will get resolved, in AOKP toro, once Roman merges everyone's work into an official build of AOKP?

Dunno, because I asked in the ICS AOKP thread and people on M6 said it didn't work for them either..so if they haven't fixed it thus far, will they now? :(

Upvote 0
54Rp0.jpeg

Screeny of my P6. Update to OP tomorrow for P7...maybe P8? Night y'all.

jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones