• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

I'm still on 5.1.5, but I encountered the "toggles not working issue." This is after wiping properly, default kernel, etc. Plus it only seems to happen after using the ROM bug-free for a week or two.

But a curious note: I don't think it's the toggle that isn't working, but the actual switch. I went to Mobile Networks to manually switch 4G to 3G, but it wouldn't switch.

Just FYI if it helps with bug testing.

Upvote 0
I'm still on 5.1.5, but I encountered the "toggles not working issue." This is after wiping properly, default kernel, etc. Plus it only seems to happen after using the ROM bug-free for a week or two.

But a curious note: I don't think it's the toggle that isn't working, but the actual switch. I went to Mobile Networks to manually switch 4G to 3G, but it wouldn't switch.

Just FYI if it helps with bug testing.

several toggles were quirky previously that is why they have been all redone. this happend post 5.1.5

Reactions: jackburnt
Upvote 0
Okay folks:

Anyone else having a problem connecting to wifi with 5.1.8? Every time it tries to connect on my Verizon Nexus, it hot reboots. When it comes back up, it says "The Galaxy Nexus Settings has stopped working". But I had wifi turned on, which meant it kept trying to connect and kept rebooting! It took some fast fingerwork to turn off wifi before it rebooted again...

Upvote 0
Okay folks:

Anyone else having a problem connecting to wifi with 5.1.8? Every time it tries to connect on my Verizon Nexus, it hot reboots. When it comes back up, it says "The Galaxy Nexus Settings has stopped working". But I had wifi turned on, which meant it kept trying to connect and kept rebooting! It took some fast fingerwork to turn off wifi before it rebooted again...

Works here. No problems :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Okay folks:

No issues.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Okay folks:

Does the same thing on me at work attempting to connect to wifi. No internet at home so I didn't notice this earlier today.
Hope a fix comes soon...

Upvote 0
Okay folks:

I'm not on 5.1.8 (I'm no 5.1.6) but I have had this issue with earlier versions...at least 2 of them. One of them was 5.1.5. IIRC, I believe I had this issue with XenonHD as well.

Upvote 0
Everything was working fine on 5.1.6 but I started running into the same problems as before. Either something in the ROM settling in or maybe an app I installed? I guess I will try 5.1.8. Using the nophotosphere gapps.

EDIT: Some additional things I noticed are dock and navbar take on the main desktop, it changed my dialpad theme after rebooting to fix toggle, I made no settings or mod changes. I know sometimes that will change, but I didn't change anything prior to reboot. And whenever I tether or use data for something else it drops 4g and goes to 3g. It could just be my coverage, but I mostly have 4g all the time here when I'm not on wifi and it seemed slightly coincidental. Not saying those are definitely problems with sourcery, but if any of the info helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones