• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Hey guys. I'm new here and I'm having a problem with my Google voice texting on jbsourcery v5.2. I use handcent to send texts and when I click on the little microphone icon to voice text, nothing happens. Thought it may have been Google voice and when i went to update it from the play store, it said package wasn't signed correctly. I installed the Zebra Gapps as well so maybe it has something to do with that. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you!!

Upvote 0
yeah the magic shortcuts named to go with our theme is taken from aokp that i believe was ported in portion with additions from chameleon os. It is pretty darn cool stuff.

yeah sorry but LG is my enemy. love their tv's and i hate to do it but i have to buy there tv's theres just not a better option for me.
But i bought their G2x and they lied and lied until it was past date to return it they made promises they did not keep and continued to lie about it. their mobile department and support are scum of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!

and there for i will never purchase nor support a lg device.

Not sure what the flak regarding aokp was i surely never said anything negative as they have some great dev there and we use alot of their stuff.

There are some awesome roms out there.

If someone cant find one that suits them than they cant be Pleased cause there is something for everyone for sure.

Oh and chief.... I believe i found your wifi rebooting issue.
there appeared to be a problem in source with ip6 addresses that caused reboots jsut as you described i have put in a fix for that. But im thinking that somehow it was a ipv6 error as what was described in the patch is exactly what you had described as happening that time.

also the nav bar isnt gone. its still the default option.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Getting some random SystemUI crashes here and there, haven't narrowed out the culprit yet. Just random from what it seems, never the same app, so...not sure. Was a clean wipe/flash, but I might try to do another reload, with minimal app load (if there's even less than I have now lol), and see if it persists. Did have a BT call come in this morning, and answering the phone never kicked the BT on. Was weird, but might be a fluke. Still haven't got the hang of all the goodies :)

Upvote 0
Mms won't send on either wifi or 3g/4g. Tried the fix in Sourcery but still no good. Using GoSms pro is working though. Any idea for a fix?

Weird. Will it send through the stock messaging app at all? I've had no issues sending MMS through Go SMS since 5.2. I remember in the past though, Go would give me issues, but the stock would send fine. It eventually resolved itself after a few updates and ROMS, so I never did figure out what caused it then, but it's worth a shot to try, if you haven't yet.

Upvote 0
Getting some random SystemUI crashes here and there, haven't narrowed out the culprit yet. Just random from what it seems, never the same app, so...not sure. Was a clean wipe/flash, but I might try to do another reload, with minimal app load (if there's even less than I have now lol), and see if it persists. Did have a BT call come in this morning, and answering the phone never kicked the BT on. Was weird, but might be a fluke. Still haven't got the hang of all the goodies :)

Same thing here. Random System UI crashes on 522.

Upvote 0
Bad news on my end this morning. Around 5 AM, I heard my phone vibrate once. Picked it up, was off. So, I tried to turn it on, nothing. That's when I smelled the burning...port was charred. Tried to clean it off as best as I could in hopes of saving it, took it to my car charger, poof, wisp of smoke and burning smell again. Port's fried. So now I'm in the process of clearing it out, sadly not enough battery power to transfer any good backups over to Dropbox, so aside from a couple pictures, I'm just gonna wipe it, reset it, and see what I can do. Not sure what happened, but it was a slightly older charger, so...who knows. Chalking it up as a fluke thing, and....we'll see what happens. Rep on the phone assured me that I'd get it replaced in store, even after I questioned him on it (since a year ago when I worked as an agent, we were told stores would NOT replace devices, they had to be mailed.). So...yep. Not the way I wanted to start today.

Upvote 0
Charging port burnt up early this morning. I heard it go "bzzt" and vibrate, figured it was an alert, picked up my phone, it was off, and then I noticed it was very warm, and started to smell burning. Port is half melted, in the phone, and the port and end of my charger are all blackened. No idea what happened, charger cord isn't damaged physically, so I dunno.

On that note though, I did post a new thread with a question about how to return this thing to as close a stock state as I can, without the ability to plug it into a computer. Any thoughts? lol. Just for when I send this one back. Probably won't matter anyway, since they can argue that it's physical damage even through no fault of my own, and charge me the replacement regardless. But either way, I want to try to eliminate as many reasons for them to complain as I can.

Upvote 0
Okay, this is getting infuriating.

I have clean flashed 5.2.2, flashed Zebra, and no Play services. I went back into Recovery, flashed Zebra AGAIN, and no Play services.

:mad:

Folks, I need a working phone here. Please advise how to best get all my Play services back. It comes up with a warning saying "Get Google Play Services" but when I select it, nothing happens. If I can't get this thing working soon, I'll have to nandroid back.

Upvote 0
I did. The white version.

Then I just scrolled up and read that only the black and transparent versions work... :rolleyes:

Let's try this again...

EDIT
: Okay, I have Play services... I don't have SIGNAL. Wifi all day, but no 4G.

EDIT 2: CORRECTION... I do not have wifi data download capability. I tried to update my apps and they errored all over the place!

EDIT 3: I'm trying this clean flash ONE LAST TIME. Gonna use Superwipe and nuke it again...

EDIT 4: Nuked and restoring. Everything appears to be running well now, except BT keeps dropping out. I may have to flash the 4.1 binaries. Otherwise, setup continues. THEN I'll explore and play around :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones