• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

1) the system vibration settings are too strong. When I get a text while on a phone call I startle.

I respectfully disagree. This is probably my biggest gripe with the this phone. I have difficulty feeling it vibrate unless the phone is pressed up against my leg.

Have you tried the Trinity kernel? It has an option to change the vibration strength. Technically, I think it changes the frequency of vibration, but it seems to have the effect of changing the strength of the vibration too. Still not as strong as I'd like, but it's a lot better.

I saw the new version of the rom has a custom kernel by mofic of Trinity -- I wonder if it includes vibration control. Anyone checked yet?

Upvote 0
^^^^ Say it aint so! I absolutely hated that dual drop down crap from bamf paradigm. Although some people may like it, if its in future sorcery roms i would hope it comes with an option to disable it.

Pull your panties back in place, lol....

It is an option you can try or not... I dont like it either, but is an option for those who do:)

Reactions: satellitez
Upvote 0
Mofic has just joined and this was mainly a beta to get it out and see. we are working on putting in custom kernel stuff we didnt do before because our kernel didnt support it.

SO much more coming on the front.

options. you like them you use them you dont you dont.
for everry feature someone hates someone else loves
so we make as much optional as possible.
The rom is set mainly so its pretty much stock unless you go turn things on.

Upvote 0
Mofic has just joined and this was mainly a beta to get it out and see. we are working on putting in custom kernel stuff we didnt do before because our kernel didnt support it.

SO much more coming on the front.

options. you like them you use them you dont you dont.
for everry feature someone hates someone else loves
so we make as much optional as possible.
The rom is set mainly so its pretty much stock unless you go turn things on.

Awesome!!!! To be honest I've never tried trinity...or any other rom for that matter...Been seeing great results on Franco. I tend to not try to fix what's not broken!!! If trinity is custom tuned or will be for this Rom..Awesome...means i won't have to flash a kernel!!!!!

Upvote 0
Quick question (and bug?)...when I press the home key it doesn't do anything. It vibrates to acknowledge that it has been pressed, but it does not have any effect. I went into settings and changed the middle icon to a back button and that function just fine. I then changed it back to a home button and again it doesn't do anything other than acknowledge that its been pressed. Whats the deal?

Nvm - Forgot the gapps. Derp.

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
So can I get my request?

3 options for you.....

1. Take an existing icon pack and change the color to each image in photoshop yourself (guessing 100-200 images)....

2. Find the existing, if there is one, set from nbeebe24 and send to me....

3. wait patiently until I find it and put it in.

while we do try to turn things around quickly..... asking over and over for it , especially in the same day, can be quite annoying.

Upvote 0
Quick question (and bug?)...when I press the home key it doesn't do anything. It vibrates to acknowledge that it has been pressed, but it does not have any effect. I went into settings and changed the middle icon to a back button and that function just fine. I then changed it back to a home button and again it doesn't do anything other than acknowledge that its been pressed. Whats the deal?

Nvm - Forgot the gapps. Derp.
lol, glad you figured out the issue....

Upvote 0
3 options for you.....

1. Take an existing icon pack and change the color to each image in photoshop yourself (guessing 100-200 images)....

2. Find the existing, if there is one, set from nbeebe24 and send to me....

3. wait patiently until I find it and put it in.

while we do try to turn things around quickly..... asking over and over for it , especially in the same day, can be quite annoying.

Yea idk how to do the first 2 and I can't access my computer at work. And I've seen you do a lot more for other ppl in less than a day but yet every time I request something you ignore it but whatever

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones