• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

It will always reset to DHCP after you do a factory reset.

Instead of using static, you should log into your router and set up a DHCP reservation for your phone. That way it'll always be the same IP address, but you don't have to mess with it.

Agreed.. I never set static addresses on any of my devices. I always use my DHCP server to dole out address specifically assigned or otherwise.

Upvote 0
I have not tried that mod yet either.
I was running 4 different inverted apps, plus a blacked out and softkey + circle battery mod, but since gmail was updated this week, that one is currently broken....so MMS, calendar, and phone inverted plus the circle battery/soft key inverted for me right now....and I am running the formula84s gapps.

5.3 is running great!!

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I have achieved ROM nirvana. Nav Lady speaks fine... Even says the street names. I have found nothing wrong with this ROM, but will continue to put it through its paces. Next test when I get home is wireless tethering.

Jump in, folks: if you're waiting for a ROM to flash, wait no longer! :D

Your post came up while doing a google search... sorry for the old quote.

BUT... Hell yes, JellyBelly has done me no wrong all good. I've been on it since Jakeday started with it, a few minor bugs at first, but now i'm on 5.3 and this thing is smooth. The only problem I've had is keeping up with Jakes crazy fast updates... the other night I flashed 5.2 next day 5.3 came out. Every update has just made the ROM a bit faster, added features, and fixed minor bugs that users report. Honestly I've had no troubles, this has been my daily driver for over a month now... dont know how i got by without Google Now before this; 30 minutes before I leave work GoogleNow pops up with a traffic summary, tells me how long its going to take me to get home (pretty spot on, within a few minutes), any traffic delays, and if the traffic is moderate or heavy.

The ROM is basic JB, which is what JB is meant to be. There are plenty of MODS on the thread below to trick your phone out however you see fit. I've been good with Nova Launcher, fast softkeys, circle battery mode, and boot options. Also been using Trinity Kernel; I'm thinking about trying out Faux's kernel... if anyone has any input on Faux's kernel with Jakeday's ROM please let me know how it's working for you.

I tried a couple of other ROMS when JB was first ported, but Jakeday's was much smoother and he kept the updates coming.

RootzWiki link
[ROM] Jelly Belly v5.3 - 08/02/2012 - [JellyBean] [4.1.1] [Pure AOSP] - It's all about the butter! - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Fix permissions worked. Might do a clean install anyway... just for fun..

I run fix permissions quite a bit, before and after installing any flashable zip, updating, or when anything doesnt seem to be working as it should. 90% of the time it fixes the issue. Also, in Titanium backup I regularly run "Clean Dalvik cache" from the options menu. About half the time it finds some unnecessary files, but those are about the only two maintenance tasks that actually doing anything useful.

I run fix permissions through ROM Manager btw... How are most of you guys running fix permissions - Rom Manager or CWM?

Upvote 0
what are you getting from Formula84s gapps that's not on the 20120802 gapps.

Can you provide a link to formula84s gapps?

thanks,

Check the op for my drop box link...there are mods kernels utilities...etc.

Here is the link....
http://db.tt/n2X3uWCA

Also basically the 8/2 gapps from jakeday is not as up to date as formulas 84s..according to Jake, its worth taking a look at either one...here is the link:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31532-gapps-411-398337-jro03c-gapps-package/

Reactions: stpbby and jbdan
Upvote 0
Reactions: jbdan and halon
Upvote 0
Anyone have any suggestions on the best method of going from root "stock" 4.0.4 to JB?
I'm a rooting noob and used Wugs before.

I read the [FAQ] Jelly Belly (Jellybean) Common Questions/Answers - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki but I'm still a bit confused.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Sorry I did not see this earlier...Welcome!!!
Honestly depends on the computer OS you are using and what phone...if you have a VZW Nexus....make sure you can connect to the computer first...copy all your files over to the computer...that's the best way to know.

Then Wugs. Then download the ROM and Gapps files directly to your phone...then follow the install a ROM directions....

I personally like JellyBelly been running that since jellybean was announced at Google IO, but if you have any questions I am happy to help!! There are a lot of Roms available for this phone.
Read, read, read....and ask questions!!
Good luck!

Upvote 0
Sorry I did not see this earlier...Welcome!!!
Honestly depends on the computer OS you are using and what phone...if you have a VZW Nexus....make sure you can connect to the computer first...copy all your files over to the computer...that's the best way to know.

Then Wugs. Then download the ROM and Gapps files directly to your phone...then follow the install a ROM directions....

I personally like JellyBelly been running that since jellybean was announced at Google IO, but if you have any questions I am happy to help!! There are a lot of Roms available for this phone.
Read, read, read....and ask questions!!
Good luck!

Thanks for the response.
VZW GN (This is VZW thread right? ;) )
Windows OS.
I already have everything copied as well as a full backup.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here's the latest as of 8/4/2012
46392c7c-853b-1760.jpg

Quoted from the dev JakeDay on Rootzwiki

[quote name='jakeday' timestamp='1341002480' post='768327']
4ndr01d presents
Jelly Belly
JB 4.1.1 for the VZW Galaxy Nexus [toro]

jellybelly.jpg
Features
Pure AOSP 4.1.1
always based on latest AOSP
VZW binaries for 4.1.1 (JRO03H)
fully functional data (3G, 4G) and calls
fully functional wifi
proper root
busybox
optimized for performance
tweaked for speed
first rom separated from gapps (proper)
stable and buttery smooth
properly functioning deep sleep
properly functioning gps
fully functional google services
proper booting
works with all recoveries
buttery smooth

Changelog
5.5 (md5: 79814b8745763dee4ebf351693f84294)
fixed backup/restore
fixed video streaming (namely for YouTube)
fixed notification sound "bug" (you guys no like hex?)
fixed issue with google wallet
added more butter

v5.4 (md5: a42a11d34069b97c27afd4cd44c39910)
fixed issue with default notification sound
fixed sms issue (be sure to do a clean wipe for this as it needs to update the proper files)
improved overall performance
fixed issue with old data files/settings causing strange behavior
fixed keyboard bug (be sure to select English US keyboard if having issues)
added predictive suggestions to keyboard
use the latest gapps from Formula84!

v5.3 (md5: 27cbec0a598486df3e173d414807823f)
updated to latest verizon binaries
increased volume level
cleaned up a few files

v5.2 (md5: 01870645d47e537f47b8148f0969614b)
fixed editing contact photos
fixed watching movies on google play
added/fixed custom colors on your calendar
added back crt animations
proper sms/mms fix
added back google style ui sounds
faster connections
more butter!
as always, use latest gapps on goo.im

v5.1 (md5: 83fa3b3886011b94d7f5bc6f9eefc9c7)
fixed issue with gallery not allowing syncing of photos
added missing libs for DRM support
minor cleanup

v5.0 (md5: 116f71ef9fef45c3408718196aedf7d2)
complete rewrite from aosp
fixed all known outstanding issues (including wifi issues, settings not sticking, etc.)
even more butter! (i know i say that a lot, but seriously... it flies!)
use the standard gapps on goo.im from here on out
CLEAN INSTALL coming from ANY previous version!!!

previous changelog entries moved here

Download
http://4ndr01d.com/gnex/jellybelly/

You will need both the ROM and GApps. This is the first build to separate them!

Gapps - Use the latest from Formula84's here or my older ones on the server above (or my folder on goo.im).

If you haven't already, get the JB Bootloader from the mods folder at the link above. See note below in Instructions.

Note: ALWAYS use the latest GApps!

Mirrors
JB Bootloader - https://docs.google....dFhZNVBNZC1QSGc
JB Bootloader - http://d-h.st/jcO

5.5 (torrent) - http://jakesbeans.com/jellybelly/jellybelly-5.5.zip.torrent
5.5 - http://goo.im/devs/j...toro/jellybelly
5.5 - http://4ndr01d.com/gnex/jellybelly/
5.5 - http://d-h.st/wG3

Gapps - http://goo.gl/xk6uU (tested with gapps-jb-20120803-JRO03C)

JB Stock Kernel - http://goo.gl/tVsgU (included in ROM, only needed if you flashed a different kernel and want this back)

Instructions
1. flash JB bootloader (if you haven't already - this helps JB roms, not required though)
2. wipe data (if coming from ANY other rom)
3. wipe cache
4. flash ROM
5. flash GApps

Keep in mind that the first boot can take up to 10 minutes and may seem to hang on either the Google logo or the Boot Animation. Just give it time, it will boot.

Support
Need quick support? You're best bet is on IRC. Connect to irc.freenode.net and join #4ndr01d for the best support.

Credits
Google - for Android!
imoseyon - cpu frequencies by app
jdkoreclipse - all his hard work on toro Jelly Bean (pre-AOSP)

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Donations Appreciated![/font]
jakeday[/quote]

Sent from my Jelly Belly Galaxy Nexus

Upvote 0
Hope everyone is working well on 5.5?
Just a heads up...since the updates to several official Gapps recently, my inverted mods have broken. The dev has updated them as of yesterday, and I will be installing them to check this morning. If they work, I will update my drop box Mods folder shortly.

Ryan,

Thank you so much.... Everything is working great for me. The only issue that I've found is that I can't sent sms while wifi is enabled, but this seems to be a known Issue across the board with the Nexus.

Thanks again,

Matt!

Upvote 0
I run fix permissions quite a bit, before and after installing any flashable zip, updating, or when anything doesnt seem to be working as it should. 90% of the time it fixes the issue. Also, in Titanium backup I regularly run "Clean Dalvik cache" from the options menu. About half the time it finds some unnecessary files, but those are about the only two maintenance tasks that actually doing anything useful.

I run fix permissions through ROM Manager btw... How are most of you guys running fix permissions - Rom Manager or CWM?

I did a clean install and had the WiFi boot loop issue as well. Fix permissions resolved that issue for me. Did it through CWM

Upvote 0
Three questions:

1) I want the volume wake mod and I DL it from the Rootz thread and flashed it. The rocker doesnt wake the device. I tried a reboot and fixing permissions. No luck. Any ideas?

2) I just the soft key mods with batt % and everything but they dont have white softkeys. Just blue and green and red. I want to keep it stock looking. Tips?

3) Is there no power option menu that includes a screenshot option?

NOTE: I can from version 1.5. FULL wipe :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones