• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon S4 4.3 OTA is live. Build Number I545VRUEMJ7

jhawkkw

Chinchillin'
Jul 30, 2011
Washington, DC
Some really great little changes:
1. The wifi notification is no longer in the ongoing area. Still comes back but it can be cleared. The best thing about this is that when a higher priority notification comes through (like a new email), it goes to the top. Update: It looks like you can turn off wifi notifications in the advanced settings--we'll see.
2. The stock keyboard auto-corrects when tapping the spacebar now instead of having to tap the correct word. Spell check is also there for previously typed words.
3. Blocking mode officially added and it's not listed in the "ongoing" notification area anymore even though the icon is still there.
4. If you change the system settings to list view it stays that way and doesn't review back to the tabs.
5. Wifi Toggle

That's all I see so far.

Upvote 0
Any word on Sprint yet?

According to the document leak, it should be tomorrow.
samsung-android-4-3.jpg

Upvote 0
Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
Both my wife and I updated our Samsung Galaxy S4s today and both are having issues with the wifi staying connected. We NEVER had this issue prior to the update. Still searching for a fix. May have to call Verizon or Samsung on this one.

It would help if you said what you've done so far, but one thing I would start with is totally wiping out your existing connection and start from scratch.

got the update last night. overall, about the same really, several things different. no increase in speed though. anyone else notice changes?

There's a thread here on changes:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/788877-4-3-issues-interest-verizon.html

There are only a few. Knox is probably the biggest negative.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones