1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Verizon Galaxy S3 ported to Cricket...is 4G LTE possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brianj1971, Jul 4, 2013.

1. brianj1971

brianj1971 Lurker

I recently ported my number to Cricket wireless from Verizon and kept th end same 4G sim card and they told me at the cricket store that I won't be able to get 4G. Right now I get 3g only and it stinks. Anyone know a fix? I am rooted and using Synergy Rom r484. Any help is mucho appreciated!
    Brian

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

No, Cricket uses AWS for 4G the S3 isnt one of the Verizon phones with AWS support. ROM doesnt matter.

3. brianj1971

brianj1971 Lurker

Bummer. On another note, I was curious as to what Cricket actually did to my phone to get it working on their service. I have my phone rooted and running SynergyRom r484 and only noticed they installed a sms/mms app that definitely needs to run in order for me to send pictures messages. If I wipe my phone and install a different version of Synergy, I was wondering if that sms program is the only thing I need to add? Or will I wipe something else out that Cricket may have placed on the phone? Any help is appreciated.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews