• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Where is

I don't believe the APK stays on your phone, unless you actually download the APK and save it to your phone. The reason for that if the purchased APK would get downloaded to your phone, then it would be easy for you to give it to others for free. You still would not be able to get the updates on it is it has to be recorded with the email address it was purchased with, but you will still be able to allow others to install it which is illegal.

I am assuming you have a Galaxy Nexus and still not sure what this has to do with your phone in the rooted section, please advise.

Upvote 0
Where is the apk file of a purchased and installed app? I can't find it in data>app where all the free and installed app apk's are.

One of my file explorers won't even display the /data/app folder let alone contents even though its supposedly root enabled. Trusty old Root Explorer does show all my apps at that location however.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones