• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] WiFi/3g/4g switch speed

abezzilla99

Jan 16, 2011
Hi, I don't really know if this is a problem or not, maybe more of an annoyance. Anyways i was wondering if its supposed to take 10-30 seconds to connect to 3g or 4g when switching between 3g, 4g, and wifi? I think I am on the 4.0.4 radios but im not really sure because i flashed axi0m crossbreed which included some "get ready zip" but now I am on aokp b32. Anyways thanks for reading lol! :bike:

Hi, I don't really know if this is a problem or not, maybe more of an annoyance. Anyways i was wondering if its supposed to take 10-30 seconds to connect to 3g or 4g when switching between 3g, 4g, and wifi? I think I am on the 4.0.4 radios but im not really sure because i flashed axi0m crossbreed which included some "get ready zip" but now I am on aokp b32. Anyways thanks for reading lol! :bike:

I'm back on the 4.0.2 radio. When on wifi (and LTE enabled) and I turn wifi off, it takes 2-3 seconds for 4G to pop up. When not on wifi, and I'm on 4G and I switch to CDMA/3G it takes ~8-10 seconds for 3G to pop up. When I'm on 3G and I turn LTE on it takes about the same 8-10 secs for 4G to show. When on 3g or 4g and I turn wifi on to connect to an already remembered router it takes 5-7 secs.

On the 4.0.4 radio what changed for me in the switching networks was that the handoff from 4g to 3g and from 3g to 4g took less time (maybe 5-7 secs). Everything else is the same as .2 radio for me. Hope this helps :rock:

Reactions: Mr. Link
Upvote 0
My 3G/4G switching is faster on the 4.0.4 radios than it was on 4.0.2. My switch from WiFi to cellular data, regardless of network, is almost instantaneous on 4.0.4, whereas with the 4.0.2 radios there was enough delay to cause data to be dropped momentarily. I don't want to put times to it but I'm much more happy with the 4.0.4 radios.

Look in your Settings > about phone to find out which radios you are. If you aren't sure, just flash the 4.0.4 radio that can easily be found on XDA.

Upvote 0
My 3G/4G switching is faster on the 4.0.4 radios than it was on 4.0.2. My switch from WiFi to cellular data, regardless of network, is almost instantaneous on 4.0.4, whereas with the 4.0.2 radios there was enough delay to cause data to be dropped momentarily. I don't want to put times to it but I'm much more happy with the 4.0.4 radios.

Look in your Settings > about phone to find out which radios you are. If you aren't sure, just flash the 4.0.4 radio that can easily be found on XDA.

It says I515 09 V FA02

Which is that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones