• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Versus TouchTab 10Dc (Rockchip)

Hi,

I have searched high and low as to how to root my Versus Touchtab, now I am aware that it is an uncommon brand/tablet, but however I know that like all android devices.....some way or another it can be rooted.

I have tried different guides which involved ADB and editing the usb.inf file and that has not worked, it won't recognise the device.

So please can someone help me out with this.

Here is the link to the tablet:

TouchTab 10DC

I am usually persistant enough to find what I am looking for and get it done, but despite my efforts I have had no joy.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like a tablet of unknown Chinese manufacture, and Versus is just a UK importer. Problem with these off-brand/uncommon-brand things, there just little or no information at all about rooting them, because of their unknown origins. If you've already tried various guides and some of the generic rooting tools, think you might be out of luck with this one.

Reactions: teddyearp
Upvote 0
I found a solution that worked perfectly: Zackehh's Blog :: Miscellaneous

I now have fully functioning root access which has allowed me to remove the bloatware I wanted to.....but my tablet has no clockwork mod, so any suggestions on this please?

Download attached, and extract. Then open a command window inside the extracted folder do the following:
[HIGH]adb push flash_image /dev/flash_image
adb push recovery.img /dev/recovery.img
adb shell
chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img[/HIGH]

If all goes well it should say you've written the recovery. Then:
[HIGH]exit
adb reboot recovery[/HIGH]

And you should be in CWM.

Attachments

• CNMTP10DC_CWM.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 45
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones