• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very frustrated with Android

Thanks for the input. I looked up that app locale. I read the reviews, and they pointed me to tasker.

Wow. That app rocks. It makes 25% of the apps in the marketplace obsolete. Don't get me wrong, locale seemed to be a good app too. I just felt tasker was the better of the two.

Took care of all of these problems, well worth the money.

As for all the fanboy comments, "just put your phone on vibrate before the meeting". What if you forget? Sorry, I am not perfect, and have been used to every cell phone I have owned for the last 10 years having that functionality. Every one of them. I didn't expect to lose any functionality when upgrading to an android phone.

Upvote 0
While on the topic of notifications, my phone vibrates when I get a text or calendar event comes up. Even when my phone is in silent or has a ringer volume set (In which case it makes a noise and vibrates).

I have the option to vibrate when receiving a call off. This is on my HTC Magic, I hope I am not hijacking this thread...

Upvote 0
I recently switched from a BlackBerry Curve to HTC EVO. Took a little getting used to, but really wasn't all that bad. I just had to realize that Android is a different OS than what RIM uses. Android includes everything I'd ever need. And if it's missing anything, there's "an app for that". I haven't even paid for an app yet. You may be interested in Timerific for time-based custom phone settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones