• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrant battery issues

lllleooo

Jun 25, 2010
My dad and I each have a samsung vibrant, but his battery lasts way longer than mine does, mine only lasts a day if I only use it a little, while his has no problem lasting all day even with live wallpapers and gps on. This is my 3rd vibrant, the first one also had battery issues, so I'm wondering if there is anything that I did? The only difference between our phones is that I have more apps and I put in an 8gb sd card.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

I just got mine 5 days ago... I charge it overnight, get to work at 6:00am... text all day on it, and (since i just got it) i'm messing around with it all day as well, market place and stuff like that... it tells me the battery is about to die about 4:00pm... I know I'm messing with it a lot during the day, but even with that it seems like the battery is draining REALLY quick... I don't have a live wallpaper on either... or WI-FI or GPS...

Upvote 0
My dad and I each have a samsung vibrant, but his battery lasts way longer than mine does, mine only lasts a day if I only use it a little, while his has no problem lasting all day even with live wallpapers and gps on. This is my 3rd vibrant, the first one also had battery issues, so I'm wondering if there is anything that I did? The only difference between our phones is that I have more apps and I put in an 8gb sd card.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Did you guys come from Blackberries before?

Upvote 0
I had severe battery drain issues on my Samsung Vibrant -- to the tune of they sent me a new phone but still had the same drain issues. I have an email account set up with an Exchange server and adjusted the settings to check every 15 minutes rather than push directly from the server and my battery usage is normal now -- even with wifi,gps, etc. running.

Upvote 0
I think i might of figured out the issue.

Under Settings, Date and Time, there is a box checked Automatic- Use network provided values. When i turned mine off, i went from my battery draining half way in 8 hours to only 15% in the same time... i have no clue what this setting does, but from what I understand it auto configures the time with tmobile, or something dumb like thay. All i know is thats the only setting i could find thay saved so much battery life. It feels like a phone again. The only thing they need to do with the 2.2 update is bring back the android keypad, the Samsung one sucks :( I really hope this is the fix for the battery problem, need to find a way to tell more people if i get the same results tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Everytime I would use my phone the battery would be full, but then in an hour or two it goes half way, then all of the sudden it turns off on its own. I turn it back on and it goes through all the welcome stuff then when it gets to the swiping screen the battery icon comes out EMPTY!! So then it turns off again. I plug it in into my charger, and the battery shows that its halfway again... so i turn back on to use it. Then it shuts off again, and again. Why is my phone doing this???!!!! It also does it when im on the internet and texting, and games... WHY!!!!!!!:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones