• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Vibrant,Problems rooting after using Kies, 3e recovery

a302

Lurker
Jun 13, 2011
I have tried searching the forums in order to resolve the issue. I apologize in advance if I have inadvertently missed the solution.

My phone was rooted before I used the Kies update. The phone works, but I cannot use any apps that require root access.

After running the 3e recovery installer in order to allow the update.zip to be used, no error messages are received during the package reinstall. However when I run busy box installer, Titanium backup, or any other or any other program that requires the phone to be rooted I get a message that states phone must be rooted to run the application.

The Kies installer was downloaded from Samsung on June 12, 2011. The update.zip & 3e recovery were obtained from somewhere on this site.

Model number: SGH-T959
Firmware Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: T959UVKB5
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FROYO.UVKB5

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones