• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

vibration alert strength

donas

Apr 30, 2010
I just realized something interesting....if anyone is not pleased with the strength or intensity of the vibration alert, you may have a defective phone. I have been a little unhappy with that feature, as I have missed numerous calls with the phone in my pocket on vibrate.

....well tonight, my wife's S3 received a text message while sitting on the table and sounded like a belt sander. I then placed both phones side by side and sent a text to each one, HUGE difference! and yes, all the settings are exactly the same.

Me and Verizon gonna have a chat.

Reactions: scooter1942
What exactly would you say is the level of each phone? My vibration is weaker than it's been on any of my previous phones, but then again, each phone was weaker than the last so I just figured it was the trend. Incredible - Thunderbolt - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S3. Each weaker than the last. I figured mine was normal on this phone but you are making me wonder a little.

Upvote 0
I'm 3G allot while she is 4G side by side.

vibration issue aside...get on the horn with VZW and bring this up...i just had a nice long chat with a tech at VZW about that very issue...

was told VZW has not had many complaints..but that Samsung was "well aware of the issue" a fix is in the works, but the tech i spoke with suggested heading to a VZW retail location to swap out my device...

Upvote 0
What exactly would you say is the level of each phone? My vibration is weaker than it's been on any of my previous phones, but then again, each phone was weaker than the last so I just figured it was the trend. Incredible - Thunderbolt - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S3. Each weaker than the last. I figured mine was normal on this phone but you are making me wonder a little.

I'm not really sure how to rate it on a scale, but the intensity of the vibration when sitting on a table is stronger than my Razr. We didn't have to really concentrate to notice a difference, it was actually comical - mine sounded sick in comparison. (I could barely feel it vibrate when in my back pocket)

Maybe go to a local store and compare to the display. I would suggest comparing the actual alert, not the little vibrate you get when turning on vibrate mode and what not.

I did go to my local store today and they gladly switched me to a new phone, it seems as though all my previous issues are resolved. My new phone had several stickers on it that said "updated", I guess I got the dumbed down search mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones