• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO] 10min Root complete Guide

LCSGLVR

Before you run the 1.bat, try to update from sd card on the phone menu, then run 1.bat.

I was getting permission denied till I tried that.

Then it said that 0kb had transferred, but when I did the update from card and hit enter on the next command, it worked (go figure)

Anyway, after days of trying, I did get it to work... You just got to keep trying.

Upvote 0
For those having issues, I was having all of them so I was able to get ROOT, here's what I did:

Win7 x64

1. I did the PNY 2GB memory card, that alone didn't work.
2. I tried the 1st and 2nd (loop.bat) method, no luck.

*Note: Leave phone disconnected from USB.*
3. Uninstalled HTCSync, HTC Driver Installer.
4. Restarted.
5. Reinstalled HTCSync.
6. Restarted.

*Note: Plug in phone, but don't power up yet*
7. Start at the video step of holding down trackpad and power.

It was at this point that I received a balloon in the taskbar that the HTC Bootloader installed successfully. When I followed the next steps in the video, right after the phone errors after trying to install from the SD card, I did get a driver didn't install correctly message. I hit down, then power to select Recovery like the video states, and the phone went to the black screen, and another balloon popped saying driver successfully installed.

At this point, typing adb shell like the video states, it gave the error you want the command prompt to return on the first try. The rest of the video went smooth after. Hope this helps, I've tried since last Friday. Hand in there, good luck!

Upvote 0
ok well here this is what helped me.. im on Vista 32bit was having trouble tried another comptuer didnt work then went back to my computer. so everything was fine till i got to the step where u have to put it into recovery and the computer has to recognize the phone. i did loop.bat and no go. so then another time i tried it i did this.

-enter Loop.bat into cmd.
-start your phone with Volume down button and power. let it boot up and tell you that it cant find the file.
-EJECT the microsd card
-start recovery and once it starts, click in the SD card. if it doesnt register the first time take it out and reclick it in till it does.

Upvote 0
I cannot for the life of me get the error from adb to recovery.

I've tried the 2gig pny, i've tried several driver changes, i've tried the SD card method, I've even tried downgrading. Nothing seems to work.

Is there word of a less nebulous method coming soon? I saw something on another forum about unrevoked coming out with something new for inc soon.

Upvote 0
I had no luck till I bit the bullet and ran up to Walmart for the $10.00 PNY card. Worked like a charm in in seconds with the loop method. One question from a noob.... Can I take the PNY card back out and use my 8GB card now that I have root?

Thanks again!!

Yes. To be on the safe side, copy your Android.tether folder from your 2GB to your 8GB.

Upvote 0
Wanted my first post to be a good one so I lurked until now.

WOOT for root. Got my phone Thursday, started trying Friday night, all day saturday, and first thing sunday morning it worked first try.
I used an older Dell, running XP and the 2GB card that came with the phone.
Updated the 1.0 driver, un-installed Sync, had USB debugging mode on, and used a modified loop.bat from the video.
I couldn`t get popping the card in and out working because my phone would give the the triangle screen before my old computer beeped.

For those still trying who believe it is a timing problem (like I do), you can improve your chances by adding a line to the top of the loop.bat file
@echo off
This reduces the amount of command lines sent to your screen, which allows the program to cycle faster.
You still will get the output from the command to the screen. I modified the file early on and it still took a bunch of tries to succeed.

You could even turn off screen output entirely by starting the loop with
loop.bat 2> null
typed from the command prompt. However you won't get any indication that it succeeded or failed.
You will have to just wait for like 10 seconds after you get the triangle screen, Ctrl-C and stop the loop
and then see if you are in the shell or still have device not found.

Good luck

Upvote 0
What would you reccomend for pre root prep. I have had issues getting root. Can't get passed device not found step. Evertytime I get a chunk of time I try to delete all sdk files and then install new files. Should I do a factory reset of my phone? also what about htc sync I have the most up to date version of sycnc but the link in here has a previous version.... not sure why I can't get the device to recognize

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
finally got my Dinc rooted, love the wifi tethering!

however...having a bit of a problem installing a ROM.

here is the process I went through:

downloaded Rom Manager
open rom manager
choose a ROM (I've tried Binny's rom and cynogen)
choose download rom
download rom
choose install rom from sd card
choose the ROM
select Backup Existing ROM and Wipe Data and Cache
I get the green exclamation point icon
then I get the red question mark icon
I press up arrow + power
This is what I get:
finding update pacakge...
opening update packages...
verifying update packages...
E:failed to verify whole file
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.
E: failed to install package...
rebooting...

....and it reboots. any suggestions? was there anything I was supposed to do after the 10 minute video?

Upvote 0
did you try formatting the card (while it's in the phone, mount it as a disk drive) to FAT32, then FAT, then back to FAT32 before starting the process? i got it literally on the first try after doing this (with the walmart pny card)...maybe it would work with a different card doing it that way too.

I tried the method in the video a few times with no success. I have a 2gb pny... formatting now.

The guy in the video has a much faster computer than mine, btw. I think that might have something to do with his success rice.
017400100773.jpg

[Edit:] Reformatted to FAT32 etc... still no root. device not found.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones