• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Calls on Evo

I am having a problem with video calls between my phone and a laptop with a webcam on wifi. If I use Skype the voice is ok but there is no video on either end. If I use Yahoo Messenger I can see the camera shot of the laptop user on my phone but the camera shot from my Evo is coming from the main camera and not the front facing camera. What am I doing wrong or is there a better app to use for video calls between the Evo and a laptop?

I tried several times going to the camera settings and switching from the main to the front facing camera and when I switch the front facing camera immediately comes on. Then I try make a video call using Yahoo Messenger to the laptop and the audio works but my video out comes from the rear camera. With Skype none of the video works from either device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones