• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video chat help

Unfortunatly, Video chat is still in infant stages with Android and facetime only works with iPhone and on wifi. An app called tango works with android and iPhones. Its isnt flawless and its working between driod and Iphones isnt the greatest, but it does work (most of the time) and from what I hear they are working on a much needed upgrade to the app. Try it out.

Upvote 0
Try qik works great for me, my gf has a iphone. We both got the app yesterday and it worked with no problems.

I just downloaded Qik for the Atrix and set up was easy. It actually can detect those that have Qik downloanded on there cel. phones in your contact list, and can list them only. I haven't tried the functionality yet, but waiting for the wife to install it on her Atrix to try it out.

Upvote 0
If you want to video chat you have to open the qik app, as far as I have seen you can only video chat with it and if you want to just talk then don't use the app. It rings you just like a call but it props you that a video chat is come in then just answer or ignore. Really cool I think and the live time is nice and clear

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones