• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video play back issue!!!!

Overman

May 5, 2010
So here's the deal, I'm working on a rooted droid running Bugless Beast 1.0 1ghz, NexTheme, HelixLauncher 2. Video playback works fine for awhile. I am able to play my movies without issue... then, after a bit of time, they stop working. I get the error "Cannot play video - Sorry, this video cannot be played." After having watch it maybe a few minutes ago.. from that point on, no video will play at all. I still get sound but video freezes about 1 or 2 seconds in.

Things I've tried so far:

1. Clear Cache
2. Reboot.
3. Try different video players (all share same issue).
4. Reinstall ROM.

Only resolution that works is to reflash the ROM. Works for a bit and then stops and then I have to reflash. Rinse and repeat.. ideas, theories, resolutions would be better! ^_^

I'm having the same issue on a friend's non-rooted phone. The file in question is a WMV file. It worked for a while, then we get the same error. To verify that the file hasn't corrupted, we sent it via bluetooth to my rooted droid. Plays fine. We deleted the file off of his phone and reinstalled it on the phone via usb. Same thing. Plays for a while, then error shows. Downloaded a different video player. Same thing. We have other WMV files on the phone, and they play just fine (so far).

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones