• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Video! Rooting Droid Charge How to

kraisydave

Dec 12, 2010
Montana
Thanks to imnuts and wynalazca at xda for all this info. I just collected it up into a how to video. Hope this helps as I am an visual learn and I know many others are. Complete at your own risk. If this helped please follow me @kraisydave on twitter, subscribe to youtube.com/kraisydave and visit Under construction. (A work in progress).

YouTube - ‪Rooting Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon‬‏

1. Open ODIN.

2. Put the phone into download mode. Do this by powering off your phone, pulling out the battery, and then holding volume down while connecting it to your pc. A giant yellow triangle should be on the phone's screen and it should say 'Downloading...' ODIN should say 'Added!!' and one of the boxes will be yellow and say '0:[COM#]'

3. Click the button labeled 'PDA' and locate the file you are wanting to flash. For emphasis: YOU MUST USE THE PDA BUTTON!

4. Click start. Do not disconnect the phone while it is flashing, it can cause some serious damage.

5. Wait.

6. When finished, unplug the phone, put the battery back in and power up the phone.

Every time I've flashed this, the phone booted straight into recovery. Just select reboot (press home) and it boots up normally. It should probably be recommended to wipe data and cache afterwards, but I didn't and all of my data stayed in tact.

Multiple people have reported that this works. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone if this doesn't work.

Thanks to imnuts and wynalazca at xda for all this info. I just collected it up into a how to video. Hope this helps as I am an visual learn and I know many others are. Complete at your own risk. If this helped please follow me @kraisydave on twitter, subscribe to youtube.com/kraisydave and visit Under construction. (A work in progress).

YouTube - ‪Rooting Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon‬‏

1. Open ODIN.

2. Put the phone into download mode. Do this by powering off your phone, pulling out the battery, and then holding volume down while connecting it to your pc. A giant yellow triangle should be on the phone's screen and it should say 'Downloading...' ODIN should say 'Added!!' and one of the boxes will be yellow and say '0:[COM#]'

3. Click the button labeled 'PDA' and locate the file you are wanting to flash. For emphasis: YOU MUST USE THE PDA BUTTON!

4. Click start. Do not disconnect the phone while it is flashing, it can cause some serious damage.

5. Wait.

6. When finished, unplug the phone, put the battery back in and power up the phone.

Every time I've flashed this, the phone booted straight into recovery. Just select reboot (press home) and it boots up normally. It should probably be recommended to wipe data and cache afterwards, but I didn't and all of my data stayed in tact.

Multiple people have reported that this works. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone if this doesn't work.

NOTE: Don't you need to UN-check auto reboot as well in odin:thinking: Thats what I have read in other places.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones