• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Video Series

I know im new to posting on the forums but I'm done with being a "lurker" I've been a HUGE supporter of this forum for well over a year now so quick introduction. I'm Luke or Luca as I'm called an a contribution i would like to make is creating a video series starting with the triumph on all the lastest with rooting, CM7, Custom recovery what ever anyone needs. If anyone thinks this would be a bennifit please let me know im recreating my youtube now and if i get any requests for literally anything with this phone I'll have vids posted as soon as humanly possable.:)

Completed Videos:

Terminal Rooting Method
RESERVED FOR CUSTOM BOOT ANIMATION LINK
(My boot animation is available for download below)

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    938.1 KB · Views: 85
when you do it on video it will probably give you an error "file already exists" or something like that. it will be because your already rooted so the su already exists. (tell yotube that) also, in the code you have to enter, the first charachter looks like a 1, but its a lower case L.... (i made that mistake LOL)

you could also make a video of using gingerbreak and installing clockwork mod recovery and making a nandroid backup (for newbs of course).... :D

Reactions: LucaBrassi
Upvote 0
when you do it on video it will probably give you an error "file already exists" or something like that. it will be because your already rooted so the su already exists. (tell yotube that) also, in the code you have to enter, the first charachter looks like a 1, but its a lower case L.... (i made that mistake LOL)

you could also make a video of using gingerbreak and installing clockwork mod recovery and making a nandroid backup (for newbs of course).... :D

Im very exited this is taking off quite well I'll try to actually do them all tonight unfortunatly my computer HD failed two days ago :mad: but all this means for me is I'm commendeering my fieance's computer until I get mine back from Toshiba :D in any case after dinner ill start making and uploading some videos if anyone that see's them could please comment on lighting angles ect to improve their usefulness I would also appreciate that :)

Edit: And of course if I miss anything let me know so i can redo the video and cover the process 100% :)

Upvote 0
Im very exited this is taking off quite well I'll try to actually do them all tonight unfortunatly my computer HD failed two days ago :mad: but all this means for me is I'm commendeering my fieance's computer until I get mine back from Toshiba :D in any case after dinner ill start making and uploading some videos if anyone that see's them could please comment on lighting angles ect to improve their usefulness I would also appreciate that :)

Edit: And of course if I miss anything let me know so i can redo the video and cover the process 100% :)

haha that sucks about your laptop! :( i hope when you get it back it works right... when your done with the videos put up a link and i will look at em' :D

my youtube name is "computerwhizz2011" (yea i know pretty stupid right) so look for comments from me

Upvote 0
haha that sucks about your laptop! :( i hope when you get it back it works right... when your done with the videos put up a link and i will look at em' :D

my youtube name is "computerwhizz2011" (yea i know pretty stupid right) so look for comments from me

Just finished the first video and im about to start uploading it just waiting for it to finish reducing in size (was 1.1gb for 12 min) When its done ill post the link. :)

Im LucaBrassiVM on youtube

Upvote 0
2nd that,and when theres a good rom out then video on how to put the rom on your phone.

I'm all over CM7 lol as soon as its out I'll be making a video for it ill try to do a video for recovery ginger break and backup as an all in video to save people the heart ache of watching 30 min of video to do 10min worth of work lol I think im going to shoot for tonight for that video.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones