• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Video Text Friendly Roms??? Help

nathanirwin311

Dec 10, 2009
Clinton, TN
So I have tried a lot of roms and end up always going back to xtrrom. The main problem for me on most roms (kaos, celb, tazz, tainted tenzo, etc...) is that they will not play video texts. they only show the first frame. This is a deal breaker for me. What if any advice do you all have? Has anyone found a workaround?

I'd say that if this issue were so important to you, that should be enough to let you choose the ROM that works for you. I'm just curious - is there something about Froyo that you prefer that is equally important to you? If it's just to have the latest and greatest, I think you're making a mistake; IMHO, Froyo isn't *that* much better than Eclair.

Upvote 0
I'd say that if this issue were so important to you, that should be enough to let you choose the ROM that works for you. I'm just curious - is there something about Froyo that you prefer that is equally important to you? If it's just to have the latest and greatest, I think you're making a mistake; IMHO, Froyo isn't *that* much better than Eclair.

I am happy with xtr which works and taintedtenzo too. I just like to play around and try new roms. I hate that I can't use any of the froyo roms because of the 3gp thing. I know that froyo isn't a huge difference. I thought that this might be an issue for others and maybe there was a workaround or something. I haven't seen it mentioned much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones