• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Villain 6

A lot of people are reporting that doing another wipe (of everything) after the first boot is solving a lot of issues.

If you are having issues, laggyness, first try wiping dalvik-cache again...
Wipe (everything)
Install ROM
Boot up
Reboot into recovery
Wipe dalvik-cache
Reboot

If that still doesn't help, try another full wipe of everything.

Upvote 0
A lot of people are reporting that doing another wipe (of everything) after the first boot is solving a lot of issues.

If you are having issues, laggyness, first try wiping dalvik-cache again...
Wipe (everything)
Install ROM
Boot up
Reboot into recovery
Wipe dalvik-cache
Reboot

If that still doesn't help, try another full wipe of everything.

I'm enthusiastic about all this development, but when it comes to having to do this along with overclocking and memory managers just to get this ROM flying, I'm sticking with 6.01 until something better (hopefully the real deal) comes along. The benefits of 6.1 over 6.01 simply don't warrant all this hassle. I even had to pull the battery due to a stuck phone call yesterday.

Upvote 0
tbh, since I installed 6.1, my hero has been freezing(which has never happened before). think I'm going back to sensehero 2.1b3. that worked for me. unlike the last few villaind roms.

Yep, same freezing/laggy issues here, so I have just restored back to 6.01. I thought 6.1 would be a real improvement but its not.

6.01 is the best ROM I have used so far. It's really fast, stable and the keyboard is a pleasure to use. I'm sticking with it.

Upvote 0
Xtiro - can you confirm that multi-touch zooming works for you - I seem to be the only one reporting this bug, but it is acknowledged as a fix in 6.1?

I'm now using the latest VR6.2.1 but am still having troubles with multi touch screen in every app that support multi-touch zooming. It just stop working a while after every reboot.

Is it really fixed in a previous version? Anyone else?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones