• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Violet screen guard

nedamdam

Android Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2010
Slovakia
Hope I said the color right. Tried to find something on the web (asked the seller) etc. but I bought myself ecell mirror screen guard (says on the package invisibleGUARD) It makes the screen almost from every angle and distance violet (Violet stripes). Its no usable for me. White is mostly violet and some colors get too strange like that (Makes my eyes hurt like I would use an old CRT).

Wanted to ask if thats normal and will go away when I dont know what or when :D . Or thats how it should behave standard (if so wont use a screen protector)?

PS: Another question which might have been answered here. Has the HTC Hero (not sprint) also a glass screen making it irrelevant to put any protector anyway? Thanks for any answer and sorry if this was already posted an answered here.

I bought a pack of two HTC branded screen protectors for my Hero - not the ones with a mirror finish. Once fitted, I can't tell without looking closely that there's any screen protector fitted. The protector doesn't obscure or change anything about the way the images on the screen look or any of the colours.

Once fitted, I did have to re-calibrate the keyboard as the sensitivity of the touchscreen changed very slightly. I also miss the coating of the original screen that prevented finger marks. The screen protector is a real fingerprint magnet in comparison. But, it's a small trade off for having the screen free of scratches.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: nedamdam
Upvote 0
Ah thanks for answer :) . Well my hero is a bigger fingerprints magnet... The screen guard being violet didnt attract the prints so much as the hero without it. May I ask where did you get the branded screen protectors? . In my country I cant even get a case for the hero ... (have to order everything online and most of it from abroad anyway)

Which I dont get, when the screen is glass, why would HTC make a branded screen protector which wont be glass and it will get scratched sooner as the screen itself. (I get other brands would do that, I even saw a displex for hero (the thing that removes scratches which ONLY works on plastic screens :) )

Btw I got the protector down and tested it on my other phone... I scratched the screen under it. I didnt cut through the protector but it still left a mark on the screen...(couldnt wash it of so its a scratch for real :D )

Upvote 0
Well what I meant is that the screen shouldn't get scratched so easy right? I mean they make a screen that should resist scratches hence the glass and then make a screen protector (soft plastic compared to the glass), its kinda like putting a small piece of cloth on armor for better protection :).

Anyway :D I am thinking now to buying another just cuz my hero doesnt resist my fingerprints at all... and the protector even though violet was resisting them better. Dunno if I have sweaty fingers or greasy ones (I am a decently tidy person) but I cant slide...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones