• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Help reqeusted: Treve E wireless tether mod rarely works

ploppsdman

Lurker
Sep 24, 2013
I've been using this mod for a week, and sometimes it would work (ie indicate tethering was occuring and actually allowing me to connect) but most of the time it would not (say tethering was working but wasnt). Once I got a connection, it was solid, but it seemed the only way I could ever get another connection was by clearing the data in the app options, uninstalling, and then reinstalling.

Today, I've spent the last forever, uninstalling and installing various builds and nothing works any more.

Prior to today, when it worked, I never changed the settings. I've been trying different settings now, since it wasnt allowing me to connect (changing device profile to samsung galaxy nexus and turning driver 1...sometimes checking send netd max client...) but nothing works.

I'm looking for any suggestions. This is giving me a damn headache.

This is on a rooted, stock rom device.

The only suggestion I have read and been unable to attempt is something to do with downloading samsung binaries. I have no idea how to do that. The posts I read said it was available in the wireless tether app ... I don't see it.

Further info:
Today, after I change the profile on the wireless tether app and alter the settings, sometimes I get an error when I try to connect or disconnect.. asking me if my phone is rooted...and telling me the phone is in an unknown state. When I reboot, its fine.

The only suggestion I have read and been unable to attempt is something to do with downloading samsung binaries. I have no idea how to do that.

Are you sure it's trying to download "Samsung" binaries or "Super User" binaries? What super user app are you using? I sounds like you lost root. Try using Kouch's super user. The download is found here. Download and then flash in recovery. If your current super user app is still installed, try using Root Uninstaller to get rid of it after you flash the new SU.

Upvote 0
No no....it's not something I DID. It's something (downloading samsung binaries) I read was a suggestion to fix this problem ... that it was an option (to download binaries) in the settings of the wireless tether app (though I don't see it).

I was able to use barnacle app the other day for about 20 minutes ... then I was never able to connect again with barnacle. Crazy.

But then I saw barnacle, during startup, was disabling something to do with wireless ... and after doing that...the treve e mod wifi tether worked.

As of now ... all I can do is never turn my phone off and the treve e mod tether stays on. But that's not a fix..

Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

I'm using supersu...and I am getting the prompts that give wifi tether permission.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones