• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile Help

rishenker

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
Hi,

I am new to forums, so hope this post is alright. I have a Htc Desire on Virgin Mobile, the phone is unlocked as any other sim card works, but is branded to Virin Mobile.
What is the easiest way to upgrade to Froyo?
Can it be done without debranding it?
If not can the branding be put back after?
Thanks
Richard Shenker

Welcome to Android Forums, rishenker.

I moved your Virgin Mobile question to the area for that carrier where, hopefully, you'll get a quick response. The Updates forum is more for discussion of different aspects of the updates than for what your issue appears to be.

I wish I could give you an answer. I'd suggest you also post a query in our Android Lounge:

Android Lounge - Android Forums

I'd title it something like, "Can an unlocked, branded device receive Froyo?"

Good luck!

Upvote 0
the branding can be removed by makeing a gold card the flashing the rom with the froyo update...
there is a thread called how to unbrand and update a virgin mobile in the desire forum section....

and if you run into a problem there is also a thread on how to unroot and take the rom back to stock... this will take it back to the original brandied stock version encase you need to send it back to virgin under the warenty..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones