• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] How screwed am I?

voicemail seems to be back up at least so it's not as pressing as it was. I finally got the update to install, and I figured out how to stop the OTA update nag, with root explorer and Titanium Backup which I'll do later when I see the nag again. I can cope with no MMS and 4G (which is super bad in my area anyways, I had it on 3G to start with) for now without any nags and working voicemail. I'll try flashing myself when I'm able to with Odin and feel up to it.

Upvote 0
voicemail seems to be back up at least so it's not as pressing as it was. I finally got the update to install, and I figured out how to stop the OTA update nag, with root explorer and Titanium Backup which I'll do later when I see the nag again. I can cope with no MMS and 4G (which is super bad in my area anyways, I had it on 3G to start with) for now without any nags and working voicemail. I'll try flashing myself when I'm able to with Odin and feel up to it.

I am willing to help at that point for sure! Good luck with your surgery!

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'm in good hands so i'm not too worried. I hope I can learn how to properly work with android, and the folks in these forums seem to be helpful.

Good deal! I am sure I speak for all the users of this forum when I say our thoughts and prayers will be with you. And when you're ready, we will be ready, too, in order to help you get the most out of your device. We were all rookies at some point!

Upvote 0
Apparently the method to get rid of the OTA update isn't working. The file folder the OTA update is supposed to be is empty, but I'm still getting nags. I'm about ready to tear my hair out. is there any other way to do it? I really so badly want to flash the recommended stock, but I just want the nag to go away. I originally rooted for that reason which defeated the point, cost me MMS, and money.

Upvote 0
It should be in system/cache folder that's where I found it using root browser u see the folder that says cache in that folder its like 422 mb

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387855596063.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387855596063.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
That's the udate alright it looks like u have a sprint phone not VM phone that's. MK3 update can u move to you ext SD card . what I did was deleted it and let try to install after I deleted also we all have the custom recovery which won't let install

it;s a sprint rom on a VM phone. The guy who flashed my phone put it on and I asked him to put a virgin one on but he didn't do it. I plan on fixing it and putting jdsingle's rom on provided I get talked step by step through flashing once I am able to use Odin. So deleting that zip and clicking install will get rid of the popup then?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones