• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile increased minutes for free.

The added minutes are Virgin Mobile's stopgap solution for the fact that unanswered calls have been deducting minutes when they aren't supposed to. They will carry over from month to month until you actually go over 300 minutes ; then you'll use the extra and won't have them any more.

Supposedly there is a fix coming soon for this problem, but the date has been moved several times.

Upvote 0
The added minutes are Virgin Mobile's stopgap solution for the fact that unanswered calls have been deducting minutes when they aren't supposed to. They will carry over from month to month until you actually go over 300 minutes ; then you'll use the extra and won't have them any more.

Supposedly there is a fix coming soon for this problem, but the date has been moved several times.

I was wondering why that was! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'm on the $45 plan. I just got a text they're upgrading my plan to unlimited minutes and giving me an extra GB of data. So, having unlimited minutes, texts, and 3.5GB of full speed data for $45 a month is awesome.

Are you sure? The new $45 plan includes unlimited talk/text plus 1GB of unthrottled data. Not 1GB extra, 1GB total. I'd double check :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones