• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

virgin mobile number to simple mobile

thIsgUy20

Android Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2012
Shreveport, LA
I want to ask this right so here we go......

Today is the day I have to renew my VM account with 45.00 On monday I will be ordering a nexus 4 off amazon and I will move my number from Virgin Mobile to Simple Mobile so after porting the number to simple mobile is done will I have to turn around that same day and pay 40/50.00 for their plan or will the service already be going and I pay the 40/50.00 after a month

I usually get a new number but don't want to go threw giving people another number

to late in the game

the number has to be active so you gotta pay VM today and when you get your N4 then port your number to Tmobile and then pay them also. once you pay tmobile it will be month after month with them.

example had you timed it right you could have gotten your phone last monday and transferred it yesterday and not paid twice

Upvote 0
I'm curious why you are ordering the Nexus 4 from Amazon? From what I can find, it would be about $50 cheaper from the Play Store ($300 for the 8 GB, $350 for the 16 GB), with your choice of a white or black phone. Additionally, Google is currently giving a free bumper for the phone, when you order from the Play store.

And it does appear as if you have to bay Virgin Mobile today. I'd consider two options though: 1) before paying, change your VM plan. Yes, you will have fewer minutes, but it won't matter since you are planning to switch phone plans, anyway. Possibly, if you are going to switch as soon as the Nexus 4 arrives, you can try switching to a pay as you go instead of a monthly plan (not sure Virgin will allow that with a smartphone).

Upvote 0
Virgin doesn't allow the nexus 4.. At least in the US. They have it in canada but up there Virgin Mobile is like At&t but yea I did time it wrong I might just go ahead and buy the nexus 4 then wait until the beginning of next month then switch it over. I already have a simple mobile card my sis gave me because she never activated it

And I'm buying it from Amazon because I can get it little bit cheaper being used without scratches and every single one of my phones has came from Amazon I've never got one from somewhere else. And I figured that getting the white nexus 4 from Google play it would get delayed awhile (considering how long it was sold out when it first launched) I might go ahead and get it from Google play tho.

Upvote 0
Virgin doesn't allow the nexus 4.. At least in the US. They have it in canada but up there Virgin Mobile is like At&t but yea I did time it wrong I might just go ahead and buy the nexus 4 then wait until the beginning of next month then switch it over. I already have a simple mobile card my sis gave me because she never activated it

And I'm buying it from Amazon because I can get it little bit cheaper being used without scratches and every single one of my phones has came from Amazon I've never got one from somewhere else. And I figured that getting the white nexus 4 from Google play it would get delayed awhile (considering how long it was sold out when it first launched) I might go ahead and get it from Google play tho.

You shouldn't have any problems getting the Nexus 4 from Google, there shouldn't be any delays now that it is 6 months old. Also, it currently says "In Stock", and when there were delays it said "Coming Soon". Not to mention, they wouldn't be running the special giving away bumpers if they were low on stock. Either way you get it, particularly coming from VM, I'm sure you'll enjoy getting the newest versions of Android as they are released -- especially with Android 4.3 rumored to be coming out in the next month.

Upvote 0
That is one of my main reasons to get the nexus 4. To be first in-line for updates, have the best dev support, and I'm sure it will probably be awhile before Google say they can't update the phone.

So I might go ahead and get it from Google Play store.. If I can get over 300.00 I will get it from Google Play. I'm like 10.00 short because I used some (I know that kind of sucks)

Upvote 0
That is one of my main reasons to get the nexus 4. To be first in-line for updates, have the best dev support, and I'm sure it will probably be awhile before Google say they can't update the phone.

So I might go ahead and get it from Google Play store.. If I can get over 300.00 I will get it from Google Play. I'm like 10.00 short because I used some (I know that kind of sucks)
one thing to also note when you port the number from vm anything you had, such as the new months prepaid will be gone, they close the account soon as the number ports, they keep the money you paid.

Upvote 0
What does any of this have to do with T-Mobile? Or did I miss something?

I'm reluctant to move this thread over to the VM forums and out of the T-Mobile forums until this is clarified (or someone else may move it).
This would not fit in the VM section, it would however belong in Simple mobile.

But I would suspect there is no activity there and so it would never get answered. And since simple mobile runs on tmo towers tmo became the catch all for it.:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones