• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Official LiquidSmooth Nightlies!!

im just gonna do a clean install anyways, im not gonna switch kernals, cause everytime i do it glitches out...also everytime i do the 1-18 moperyder and the Universal 2-28 fix it glitches too

Just received an answer on the G+ site, Sean Hoyt says OTA will give the most recent version, along with a reminder to wipe data.

Upvote 0
things are looking bright!! updated to newest nightlie with the (2) in the name (with a completely clean install and mopeds fix)

And so far my biggest gripe(s) have been fixed. I CAN NOW PLAY ALL VIDEOS WITHOUT FREEZING ON A GREEN SCREEN!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
And i haven't had a reboot since yesterday so i'm crossing my fingers. (and knocks on wood) also Waze is working again and no camera issues. I think LS is back on track.

Edit: oh and using the kernel included with LS, my battery life has gone way up too. 1620/384 and the adaptive gov as of 9:16 I have 73% left on my extended batt with moderate use, where as normally it's in the 50% range.

Reactions: struckn
Upvote 0
Which APN fix is that one???

its not out yet, he was simply saying thanks to struckn it will be coming out

as you may have noticed some of the apn fixes dont play nice with some lte builds, most likely due to things in the rom changing

moped stated in his original thread i believe his plan on this one is for it to be a universal fix meaning not just VM, itll look in the phones files, if its missing something reguarding apn's itll add it, if not itll move forward

Upvote 0
its not out yet, he was simply saying thanks to struckn it will be coming out

as you may have noticed some of the apn fixes dont play nice with some lte builds, most likely due to things in the rom changing

moped stated in his original thread i believe his plan on this one is for it to be a universal fix meaning not just VM, itll look in the phones files, if its missing something reguarding apn's itll add it, if not itll move forward

Would this have anything to do why I'm not able to get 4G on the latest LS ROM??? Its really weird. Anyways can't wait to see it :)

Upvote 0
it could be but i personally wouldn't guess that immediately the rom itself could be having issues or the signal in your area as well

not to say it couldn't be that tho but most commonly for me anyway when the fix is having issues i recieve a lot of force closes of .com.phones and such, so far for me anyway ive always had luck going back to the older fix #2 if any force closes accompany one of the universal ones that are out currently

Upvote 0
Want to test it?

Universal_vmu_ApnFix-v.R1

This is my new universal "lte build" fix. Will post prob tomorrow

Feedback please

Running great my friend, just sent and received MMS while still on LTE, and data has been working flawlessly, including 3G/LTE/WiFi handoffs. Nice touch getting the Virgin Mobile eri.xml worked in as well, my OCD likes to see the proper things in the proper places and not the "Sprint" label!

Upvote 0
Just checked the LS nightly site and noted that the 04/08/2014 nightly is smaller than the 04/06/2014 zip file (161 vs. 163). Anyone tried to flash it yet?

I haven't personally tried it, im willing to bet someone has and will chime in, if you check the change log they probly removed something not needed or optimized something

Typically as I usually view it as long as the Roms around 100mb its typically "full" if you will, of course it could also mean some things borked but you don't know till u or someone else gives it a whirl

Normally you don't see to many Roms going below 100mb till much later on or when the ROM allows the phone to build its own libraries on boot or when a lot of optional things are removed

For instance if you were to edit Roms yourself to remove apps you don't use u can sometimes get them to be around 90mb

Upvote 0
Going to add this to the OP as well, was just reminded of this issue by a Boost user and I forget sometimes that some of the things the experienced users take for granted aren't common knowledge per se. When doing a clean flash, SKIP THE INITIAL DATA ACTIVATION. It doesn't apply to users on VM and Boost, but it will show up in most (if not all) of the d2lte builds now. It is unfortunately rather deceptive though, and users who wait for it to work its magic end up with a semi-unusable version of the ROM, through no fault of their own.

Upvote 0
I haven't personally tried it, im willing to bet someone has and will chime in, if you check the change log they probly removed something not needed or optimized something

Typically as I usually view it as long as the Roms around 100mb its typically "full" if you will, of course it could also mean some things borked but you don't know till u or someone else gives it a whirl

Normally you don't see to many Roms going below 100mb till much later on or when the ROM allows the phone to build its own libraries on boot or when a lot of optional things are removed

For instance if you were to edit Roms yourself to remove apps you don't use u can sometimes get them to be around 90mb

Flashed the 04/08/2014 LS and so far so good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones