• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Virgin Optimus V Help

IlIOsirisIlI

Feb 18, 2011
I have a Optimus V for about 3 weeks now. I have never has any problems with it. Today I try and go on the internet and i get a network error message. So i say ok maybe its down so I turn on my wifi, it connects but still will not connect to market, facebook, websites, etc. Anyone have any idea whats going on thanks.

Thanks for your quick response. I have got the wifi working now. Still the 3g is not working. I have restarted the phone a few times, switched it on and off on airplane mode to reset signal. Nothing.

You may have a 3G outage in your area...it happens. Make sure your Mobile Data is enabled in Settings, and switch your WiFi off to be sure the phone is trying to use 3G instead.

Upvote 0
I bought my phone a week ago and I have the same problem. I tried pressing the actibation app which fixes the problem just for a day, removing the battery does the same thing.
The easiest way to fix the no conection to internet on the LG Uptimus V is to 1) go settings on your phone 2) wireless and networks 3) mobile network and disable data conection....wait a few seconds and enable data. in other words disable and enable data on the phone. Do this every time you loose conection. I have not had anyproblems in the last few days.

Upvote 0
try to uninstall some apps you downloaded. findout which app or apps cause the problem and never touch it again.

the same problem happened to me before....i installed an app downloaded from market which is called "find parking"...and 3G stopped working, however, i all got solved after i uninstalled the app.!!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones