1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

virign legend to telus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steve Adams, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 8, 2010
    Male
    Vice President
    Newfoundland Canada
    I am wanting to get a legend to put on my telus account, I may replace my hero with one. will all features work? the salesman told me email text msg, web browser and everything wont' work on the telus network if I unlock the phone.

Advertisement

2. stewy

stewy Member
    None

Aug 19, 2010
    That doesn't sound right... as long as you can get the APN settings the internet should work. I use my virgin mobile Legend with Fido and everything works just fine.

I don't think these ppl know exactly what unlocked means. I went to the states and was looking for a pay as you go SIM card. I went to AT&T and was told that it would still look for Virgin's towers... I don't think she knew the meaning of "unlocked" I went to T mobile... got a better deal on a pay as you go SIM and it worked great (however... I did not try internet on T mobile).

Personally, I think it's BS.

3. nolook

nolook Newbie
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Halifax, NS
    it will work fine as long as you put in the telus apn

4. TheLamma

TheLamma Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Starbucks Barista
    Alberta, Canada
    I've heard stories of people saying that certain providers won't allow data on unlocked devices, but turn around and hear success stories. Pretty much I would agree with Stewy. As long as you get your plan set up, you should be good. If it doesn't automatically find your provider's APN, its a simple Google search away (I had to manually enter Virgin Mobile's APN). Good luck!

Tags: