• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Virtuous 2.7 and the DSP equalizer

Yeah I am using the stock OTA 2.2. I get crackling at full volume, but I never listen to it at anything less than full so I guess it's not gonna work for me.

Are you using cans or buds? Almost all cans and some of the higher impedance buds would have issues with any mp3 player/phone (except the N900, since has built-in amp).

I only get the clipping issues if room is activated and the EQ settings are set too high. The snapdragon is not the best for behavior with such audio tweaks (perhaps a reason there is not adjustments- besides lazy OEM efforts?).

In regards to the update, the changes from going from no DSP Manger to the current one is the biggest update. Going form this version to the newer one would be a nominal change, based on the devs articulation of changes made.

added:

Be careful with adjusting and using the external speaker. Very easy to damage or pop the driver of the speaker- ditto for 16ohm or lower buds.

Upvote 0
I grabbed the updated dsp files (with the equalizer graph) from version 6.0.2 which can be found here: Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

i wish i knew which versions all these are.

guess i'll rip it out of the one in the link you posted and check it out.

ripped it from the 6.0.2 cyan build and got the one with the EQ graph. i can't tell any obvious difference in sound, but the EQ graph is nice. it's nice to see whats actually going on when you mess with the eq. thanks for the link.

Upvote 0
just loaded up the new DSPManager and lib file from the cyanogen 6 rom. sounds just as good, if not better. it still doesn't look the same as the screenshots in the link posted a couple posts back. wonder what version had the little frequency graph in it.

Same here Jason. The version I have now just has slider bars instead of the graph.

Upvote 0
the new .5 version of the Desire HD port by IncDoes has another updated version of DSP Manager.

here is a screenshot:

CAP201010010123.jpg

Upvote 0
Can you post a link to the xda site where the apk is located please?

you gotta download v.5 of incredible does's desire hd port and rip the files out of it. dsp manager is in system app, and the audioflinger.so file is in system/lib. copy and paste with root explorer, change the permissions back to the way they were before you copied and pasted and then do a reboot and it'll work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones