• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM LG Optimus Elite Bricked - PLEASE HELP!

I mean just turn it on. You might want to try Power + volume down or try download mode, then type: fastboot reboot recovery

your phone should reboot into the installed recovery. I have no idea if the Elite has a locked bootloader or if you unlocked it when you rooted. So this may all be for nothing, but what do you have to lose by trying right?

Reactions: DjRedHadouken
Upvote 0
Alright, Instead try:
1) fastboot reboot-bootloader
2) fastboot oem unlock

Anything happen then? If your boot loader is locked then I don't what to do. You could try throwing commands at it I guess. The ultimate goal is to download clockwork mod recovery, place the recovery.img inside the folder that adb and fastboot is in, then type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Upvote 0
I would try every mode I could get the phone into. Download mode, boot loader, system recovery, or just a plain booting it up as far as it will go. And restart and retry every time. Maybe some adb/fastboot power users will chime in with something I don't know and can help you better.

At the least you'll come out this with the understanding that a custom recovery is ideal when rooted and you'll have some minor knowledge of a command line system. :)

Upvote 0
i know that this post is kinda old but i need some help real fast. my friend wants me to fix this phone for him and first it was stuck in download mode. i ended up flashing it back to stock but when it got to the end it failed and after that the phone froze at the lg logo i let it sit for about 5 minuets and nothing so i ended up pulling the battery and now the phone does nothing. i need some help big time. if possible can i fix this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones