• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM - LG Optimus Slider (w/Gingerbread)) Coming Soon

I work for Virgin/Boost Mobile. I've had hands on with the Slider. It's an okay phone. It's quite peppy for having only an 800Mhz processor. Honestly though, I think that it's really just like the V but with a keyboard. I always did think the V was quite fast for all it's 600Mhz self. I also don't feel the HTC Wildfire will really knock my socks off. I think they are back sliding after releasing such a monster like the Triumph. I have the Triumph and my only qualm is it's not completely stable and doesn't tote 2.3. Perhaps if they fix those bugs and give it 2.3, It'll stay around longer. If not it's going to be pulled. X_X

Upvote 0
i gotta a dumb question, although i have and love my optimus, what good is gingerbread if there's no room on the phone for apps. Im sure many can attest that they have to delete apps to get new apps. I literally have no game apps on my phone so i can keep the apps that i need. Are they gonna bump the internal memory at all?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones