• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

vm lg volt issues

Oct 26, 2010
loved my previous lg's last being the f3, it was a fast little phone only thing wrong was lack of built in memory

so I "upgraded" to the lg volt a couple weeks ago, and I feel like the only thing I upgraded was screen size.

the camera - its slower, the autofocus sucks, need to take multiple pictures always to get a good one, unless outside in the sun. then it usually takes great pictures.

the touch screen - if my fingers are damp (like I just washed my hands) it has a very hard time reading my inputs, sometimes takes me 5 tries and wiping it and my finger to get my phone unlocked, never had this problem with other phones, at least not this bad.

speed - its pretty laggy, sometimes my autorotation takes way too long. like 5sec+

my f3 just felt faster, and it had a really good camera for a "low end" phone. it never really was slow it just would run out of memory easily. I also enjoy LGs higher capacity batteries .

anyone else had these issues? maybe needs an update? return it?

the camera - its slower, the autofocus sucks, need to take multiple pictures always to get a good one, unless outside in the sun. then it usually takes great pictures.

The camera is no better than the 5mp on my Galaxy Victory. I too had to take multiple pics of my schedule at work before I get a good one. Sometimes if I HOLD DOWN the button it takes better pics....

I have compared the 5mp and 8mp and the Victory take much sharper images, I can see my fingerprints on my hand with the 5mp Victory. Can't do this with the Volt.... :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones