1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Vodafone updated to 2.3.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevierite, Aug 10, 2011.

1. stevierite

stevierite Newbie
    None

May 2, 2010
    Just updated my branded x10 phone from vodafone yesterday using pc companion.

Didnt know vodafone had released it due to them taking so long to release the 2.1 but there it was.

I updated and everything worked and is still working fine.

Advertisement

2. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    really? that was fast... i thought they'll take as long as they did for 2.1 so i just used the flashtool to get 2.3, but im assuming they've added all the crappy vodafone apps right?

3. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member
    None

hmmn vodafone, been with them for years but the grief i had with them over a faulty handset has really changed my opinion of them, so badly handled from start to finish. i may well end up moving to a new network. i ended up de-branding it to get rid of the 360stuff.. i heard if you got your handset from carphone warehouse it was generic but if it came from vodafone directly it would of been branded..

4. stevierite

stevierite Newbie
    None

May 2, 2010
    Yeah thought it was fast myself after the hole taking for ever 2.1 update but i found they had the update by pure chance. I had just attached the phone to my pc to transfer a movie onto it and pc companion popped up to tell me there was an update.

No they have cut the apps down. I lost a load of apps when updated and when i switched back on the hole format is alot tidier not as much crap in the menu and more useful apps put on as well.

I havnt even noticed the 360 apps since the update.