• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice commands sensor usage draining battery

kheovnien

Jun 3, 2010
i've run into an issue that drains my battery faster than normal. when i check spare parts I see the following screens:
mailgooglecom.jpg

mailgooglecom2.jpg

this doesn't happen all the time but it does happen every now and then and i'm unsure what is triggering this. i don't ever use voice commands but somehow it's being triggered or thinks it's being triggered. any help would be greatly appreciate. thanks in advance.

By default hitting home, home brings up voice command. You can change that in the settings menu somewhere. Maybe try that and see if voice command stops randomly starting. Even though I didn't really think it was killing battery, I did that, as I was starting voice command by accident once in a while and didn't want to take a chance that it was killing battery.

Does the voice command sensor time stay on for everyone once voice command has started?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones