• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice & data working intermittently on AT&T S2

muditonline

Lurker
Mar 27, 2011
NEED HELP with S2 on AT&T.
I bought an unlocked version of the phone from Korea. Brought it to the US and used the AT&T sim with a $10 data plan meant for non-smartphones. Phone ran fine for 2-3 months. Data was a bit slow but worked and so did voice. The korean characters were bothering me, so I used ODIN to flash english version of the firmware (I9100). Ever since I did that, the korean characters are gone but voice and data are not functioning properly. Voice and data both only work intermittently. I tried the AT&T APN settings provided above but didn't help. Called AT&T and they seem to the think that the data plan needs to be changed to a Smartphone plan. I am willing to do that, but that shouldn't matter for voice right ?

Can you please help. I don't want to go out and buy a new phone altogether.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones