• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

comport9

Lurker
Apr 18, 2010
I read a few other posts on this matter and from what I gathered Voice Dialing is an Android problem rather than a problem with the phone. Is this true?

I NEED voice dialing through my bluetooth headset. There are no if's, and's, or but's about it. If this phone can't provide that, I'll have to give it back. If it's an Android problem, I'll have to get an non-Android phone. (Probably an iphone...)

Any help? Thanks.

Can anyone get the voice dialing working on the x10? I start the voice dialler application and say "call work" for example and it never once recognises what im saying. Will often come up with something like "open quadrapop". How the hell it thinks it heard that ill never know. The voice recognition used to work fine on my htc hero

Upvote 0
If you're on Three good luck with giving it back. They tried to send me one I didn't really like so I cancelled it in favour of the Xperia U which supposedly had voice dialling. I received it then entered my contacts, tried to voice dial and it dialled the wrong person! I tried several times but it dialled the wrong person every time. I complained to Three who said to reset the phone but no change. I downloaded 'Alice' which worked perfectly but the Son phone doesn't allow you to make it the default so in the car it selects the one that doesn't work so I can't use it in the car which is why I bought it. I keep complaining but Three just say I have to wait until Ice cream sandwich is eventually released (they say September) and it should improve. Suffice to say I'm not very happy with Three at the moment. Like I said at the beginning if you are with them too good luck with that. But i hope you ae not with them and then you might have a fighting chance. Best wishes anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones