• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice Mail Access on G1?

RevWillie

Oct 3, 2008
My coworker wanted to take a look at my G1 yesterday. He has an Iphone and was very curious to see the competition. He showed me how he can see individual voice mail objects on the iphone screen and touch one to play his voice mail messages. He also thought that the G1 could do that, but I was unaware of that feature. As far as I know, I can just call the voice mail number and use the dialpad to navigate through voice mail messages.

Is there a voice mail enhancement in the pipeline to give us Iphone-like access? Does Tmobile have that kind of capability?

youmail.com. there isn't an app but you can bookmark your msg page after signing up to get the visual voicemail functionality. it has a lot more to offer than the iphone's voicemail. you can't pick the G1 from the list of phone model's yet but you should just be able to pick a random phone and figure out the settings on your own.

Upvote 0
PhoneFusion previews visual voicemail for Android

By Erica Sadun | Published: November 14, 2008 - 04:16PM CT
The Windows Mobile market has been targeting the iPhone's visual voicemail for some time. The iPhone system allows you to preview messages and access them in any order. It has been a huge success and one of the features that has distinguished the iPhone platform. PhoneFusion's visual-voicemail-like Voicemail Plus system is already available for BlackBerry and Windows Mobile 5 and 6 and now Ars has learned that an implementation for Android was announced by Phone Fusion at the recent Under The Radar: Mobility event.
Phone Fusion's CEO Louis Libin highlighted the match between the G1's customer base and the iPhone feature set. "Our Fusion Voicemail Plus application," he is quoted saying, "is tremendously popular with our existing customers who wanted iPhone-type functionality on their favorite devices." PhoneFusion is bringing that functionality to Android, bringing the G1 one step further in its iPhone competition.
The software will be available through the Android Marketplace at the end of Q4 2008 and, from what I can tell from the write-ups will likely require a service agreement with PhoneFusion. Their PhoneFusion One service normally starts at $9.95/month. I have called PhoneFusion for more details but they have not yet returned my call.

Upvote 0
is there a free version of youmail.com that doesn't incur any extra charges through Tmobile?

Is there a delay in between missing a call and getting a voice mail notification?

I have tmobile and have been using youmail since 2006. I have never incurred any fees...

I know that tmobile allows 500 forwarded calls per month...so I suppose if you allow more than 500 calls per month to roll to voicemail, then you may start seeing a fee.

I typically get a sms notification from youmail within seconds after someone leaves a voicemail...whats cool is that even alot of calls that come across as "unknown" are identified by youmail and that information is given in the sms they send

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones