• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

voice recognition

thalon

Lurker
Jan 15, 2011
Hi,

I have a somehow special vr issue. I'm disabled and therefor cannot use my hands to control my phone. To control my PC, I use Draron NaturallySpeaking, which works great. It runs in the background, always listening and waiting for incomming commands. To disable the recognition, I can say "go to sleep" which puts the system into stand-by mode. Olly after I say "wake up" Dragon listens again.

On Android (2.3, HTC Desire HD), there is an awesome VR App included, namely Voice Actions. Unfortunally, it is activated by pressing a button. See my prob?

Is there a way to tweak it or do you know of any third-party app which does the job?

One further obstacle is that I actually speak German. So it would be important to have a German version.

Cheers and thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Perhaps someone can setup Tasker for you to use the proximity sensor ( which you can perhaps activate by using your head) to click that button for you.

In general, the voice recognition provided by nuance's flext9 keyboard is better than the Google recognition. Furthermore, they support German. Perhaps you can convince the voice actions developer to slightly modify their program to support the nuance software. It doesn't look that difficult.

Good luck ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones