• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice search/voice related matters

I downloaded the Google Play Store onto my 6th generation kindle fire HD. It's the one from last year. I downloaded several different types of voice related apps, voice search ux, voice translator, search by voice, and speech notes. They all want/ need voice search by Google to operate but when you pull up voice search in the Play Store it states that "your device isn't compatible with this version".

This doesn't make any sense. Has Amazon blocked the google Voice app thus preventing all these other productive voice apps to effectively not work on their tablet. Alexa is terrible in for whatever reason I've yet to be able to get it to work on my tablet.

I downloaded the Google Play Store onto my 6th generation kindle fire HD. It's the one from last year. I downloaded several different types of voice related apps, voice search ux, voice translator, search by voice, and speech notes. They all want/ need voice search by Google to operate but when you pull up voice search in the Play Store it states that "your device isn't compatible with this version".

This doesn't make any sense. Has Amazon blocked the google Voice app thus preventing all these other productive voice apps to effectively not work on their tablet. Alexa is terrible in for whatever reason I've yet to be able to get it to work on my tablet.
You have to install more than just play. You need some of the supporting services. See this thread to make sure you have everything you need.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

I'll have to verify when I get home, but I think I have google assistant working on my HD 8

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones