• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice Talk/Commands

jester68

Oct 28, 2011
Hi

Is there anyway of getting the voice commands to "multi task". For example, if I'm driving and have used the voice commands to "navigate" is there anyway of waking the wiget/app, whatever the correct term is, up again via the "Hi galaxy" command (using a headset of course) in order to send a short "I'll be home in an hour" voice text or phone call to my wife. The only way I've found of doing this so far is to actually go into "task Manager" and physical swap from Navigation back to voice commands. Can it be done by voice at all?

Personally voice command is cool as a toy you play with once in a while, but for actual use, its just not good enough. I noticed while driving where there are external traffic noise, it gets a lot of the words wrong, specially if trying to dictate messages. They sometimes get the names wrong if you are asking it to call, but that is better then trying to dictate messages.

Also, the voice command takes up a lot of battery, and sometimes it just doesn't shut down properly with the app still running in the background taking up more juice. To really end it, you have to force close it and clear the RAM.

I can live with out it (unless want to show off). :D

Oh ya, still using 2.3.3 and higher versions might not have same problems.

Upvote 0
My voice command is not working when I ask something tap the screen > speak and tap screen again after finishing a command, it shows on my screen processing and it took a long time doing that without reply or anything my wifi is on. same goes in my voice talk it will not recognize the "hi galaxy" and when I tap the screen it will ask "what would you like to do?" but then when I try saying a command the upper screen only shows "pls wait" not actually listening and the microphone is not blinking, can anyone help me with this? thank you very much

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones