• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voicemail Apps

I've been using YouMail for the past few days. I've noticed no different battery life than usual and my phone sleeps like a baby.

I love how it pulls peoples names from the caller id (or contact list?) and says it in the message. "Hello Denise. Beverly is not available right now, please leave a message at the tone". LOL I love that!

Upvote 0
Well here is my experience with youmail. I rooted my phone and tried youmail since VVM did not work with the early 2.1 roms. My wife liked it and wanted to try it. She's still on the stock Hero rom. Once I put the youmail app on here phone, it absolutely started killing her battery. At first I thought it couldn't be the youmail app since it worked on mine. But today I did a test. With youmail installed, her phone will not sleep (I can see the awake time increasing). The moment I removed the youmail app, her phone started sleeping properly.

You don't need the app. You can call your voicemail and listen (or go to the website), but that kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I have been using Youmail for a long time, way before the droid. I love the voicemail service, but, I have tried using the app. 3 times within the lat 6 months, and everytime that it is installed it drains my battery. I keep hoping they would update it to correct the problem, as of right now NO LUCK!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones