• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voicemail indicator problem driving me crazy!

mikebbbbb

Lurker
Jul 22, 2010
Does anyone know if theres a way to have the voicemail indicator icon in the notification bar indicate how many voicemails there are? im surprised there isnt a setting to do that. even if there isnt a setting, is there an app or a flash or sumthing that could get this done? Plse see below post as to why im asking about this:

Kinda new to this, sorry if this has already been addressed. i have an eris which ive rooted & have applied ivans rom, and everythings working beautifully- like a new phone- all bugs (dialer lag, etc.) are gone! Thank you Ivan & everyone else for your contributions so that this was even possible. I have just one problem- and im hoping sumones got the answer. when i wake my phone up, the new voicemail indicator under the pull-down bar never indicates more than 1 voicemail, even if i have multiple voicemails. if i go into notifications- the number of voicemails is shown correctly, which is great- but i often rely on the voicemail indicator displayed when i wake the phone- and the fact that it wont indicate more than 1 voicemail is a problem for me. has anyone encountered this? is there a solution, or quick fix? This is driving me nuts, especially since every other aspect of the phone is working perfectly now. Please help if you can, or point me in the right direction. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones