• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voicemail notification with Gingerbread fix

twilighter

Mar 17, 2010
jacksonville, FL
After downloading Gingerbread, I had a voicemail notification that wouldn't go away even though I have no new voicemails. I've read that others have had this problem...well, I got rid of it on mine. Simply go into settings, call, settings, and clear voicemail notifications. Its gone! Just figured I'd help out anyone with the same problem.

*** Make sure you clear the Voice-mail notification Icon First before proceeding**** Simply go into settings, call, settings, and clear voicemail notifications. ****If you have access to you EPST menu (Most EVO users should be able to enter on dial pad ##3282# to get into this aka (Equipment Performance Support Tools) you can go into edit but you will then need your phones password which a sprint tech can give you (this is unique to each phone). Next you will go to data profile, in the section you just click the menu button and go to restore. It will power off your EVO restart and reprovision your Phone to the network. Once it restarts it will do a hands free activation, PRL update and it will check for new firmware. Once this is all done you phone should be all set.*** Note this does not change any software on the phone just the link to your provider so your phone should work as normal meaning all apps should be uninfected!

Reactions: wrxevopilot
Upvote 0
When my notification re-appears, it says I have (3) voice mails!

So far, the intervals have gotton further apart.

My glass broke the next day!, after spending Hours Researching/Updating my Evo. Now I have to go through the whole process again when I get my Asurion replacement tomorrow.
I would have much rather replaced the glass and paid for that so I can keep My Evo. But Sprint does not do glass replacement anymore from what Sprint Repair told me, and from what I have read.

Hopefully it won't have Gingerbread installed as that would save me a lot of work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones