• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

space wrangler

Jul 4, 2011
I get a text after I check a voicemail. I really don't need a message to let me know I just checked a voicemail. Has anyone figured out how to stop these. I disabled the voicemail app and tried blocking my own number (the message comes from my own number), you can't block your own number.

I believe I found a solution. I have the Avast app (virus and security). You can filter out texts with this app. I set it up to filter out texts from my number. You still have do delete the texts from the app periodically, but they are filtered out. I'm sure there are other apps which can do this also.

Upvote 0
I believe I found a solution. I have the Avast app (virus and security). You can filter out texts with this app. I set it up to filter out texts from my number. You still have do delete the texts from the app periodically, but they are filtered out. I'm sure there are other apps which can do this also.

Yes, there are apps which allow for filtering those texts. Avast is meant for virus control, but can be used for sms and mms.

I agree, what an annoying feature on that Commando. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones